OK So Go Nuts was a male plant. Let's try a feminized cement shoes and some other stuff

Sounds nice :wink:. You should give the go nuts another try sometime. I’m really happy with the one I’m growing.

3 Likes

Didnt you find a peanutbutter pheno?

2 Likes

It’s not like a jar of jiffy and it’s gotten slightly more skewed but, yes, very obvious peanut butter smell. Very different. I dropped some new pics on that solo cup thread earlier. Pretty much checks all my boxes. Frosty, pungent, unique terps, dense buds, color, pretty fast flowering, vigorous, man the list goes on probably lol

3 Likes

Geesh. Sounds nice!

1 Like

I plan to do a Gonuts grow again. My goal was to get my smoking jars full enough to get me by for a while and I can play around with growing regs again.

3 Likes

Right on, I get that! I’ve got some fems I made if you need some more.

Just popped a couple myself

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind offer. I was trying to only do a 2’x2’ tent and outdoor grows, but recently got a second 4x2 tent and that has helped a LOT. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I remember you replying to my first grow that started in December 2020 :+1: . Watching your grows is always a good time with lots to learn.

3 Likes

You’re welcome, and thank you!

I have been slacking terribly on the old grow log :joy:. Congrats on the new tent. I can’t do anything outdoors unfortunately. Maybe one day. In the meantime I just keep em kinda small and pack the tents for variety to keep searching for that killer kind :wink:.

1 Like

It’s low 70s with the best grow light in the solar system running in my back yard so cement shoes is spending a couple hours outside today. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

The autos are chugging along it’s about to get kinda crowded in there.

5 Likes

6 days since my last update in here time sure flies!

Nothing unusual to report. Everything seems to be cruising along swimmingly. :smiley:

I gave her a tea today and she drank almost a whole gallon. Probably closer to 3/4ths of a gallon but she’s never taken that much water before… Watered her really slow took my time and got maybe 1/2 cup of runoff at the bottom.

The autos got so big I had to go out and buy a tower fan. The little clip on fan I had wasn’t cutting it.

They are all in early flower now, except for the trizzler back left that is 5 days younger than the rest of the family.

4 Likes

Sweet
Thanks for the invite
I’ll be lurking in the background

Saturday afternoon update for the autos.

The biggest girl, whiskey Zulu, had to have her two main colas bent she was getting too close to the light.

Today I kinda went ham on cleaning her up under the canopy. Anything that wasn’t putting buds in the top 1/2 of the plant got snipped. Larf free zone here!

Much better airflow underneath now!

Also took a shot of a penny in comparison to the main stalk. That’s a 36 day old plant. Don’t know how old the penny is.

Cement shoes is doing good no new pics.

5 Likes

OK so the autos are at day 41.

There’s a Trizzler back/left that’s on day 36. Sorry my grow light throws my camera off. The light was turned all the way down but it still messes with the auto exposure on the camera.

Cement shoes just finished week 4 of flower.

She just started throwing out frost around her buds a couple days ago.

I’ve been trying to do a lot of lollipopping with the autos because I’m not used to having this much foliage in one tent. I’ve read if you cut off the larfy stuff on bottom it makes the top bud bigger. Let’s put that one to the test!

Way too much fun to ever quit growing!

Thanks for stopping by.

5 Likes

It’s been a week, so here’s a new peek!

First off, cement shoes getting her midday sun in the backyard because it’s nice and sunny here.

I picked out one of her side buds for a close up.

The auto tent is cruising along. Can’t complain about anything here on day 48!

The trizzler that’s in the back left corner started into full flower mode a couple days ago. She’s on day 43.

Next couple weeks are going to be exciting! :smiley: Thanks for stopping by.

4 Likes

Day 54 update on what’s going on. We’ll start off with a family shot in the auto tent.

I picked out a random top bud on the whiskey zulu plant.

Here’s a side shot there really are a lot of bud sites everywhere!

Here’s the whiskey zulu 1 gallon dirt plant that always gets stuffed in a free corner of the tent.

I mulched her on top with a handful of hydroton because the longest she’s gone so far was 3 days between watering. Next week she’s going to have to make it 5 days on her own. I think she’ll be fine.

Here’s the cement shoes plant. She’s been adding a lot of weight to her buds lately. Week 6 of flower I think is right. Flipped the lights to 12/12 on Feb 5th.

That’s a 7 gallon pot if you’re taking notes.

Here’s one her her top buds close up.

Funny story from I think it was last Saturday morning. I opened up my tent right after the lights came on and the bottom of my tent was covered in about 6 gallons of nutrient solution. The valve in one of my autopots had somehow stuck in the open position and all the res drained out into the bottom of my tent. Hey at least I found out the tent is waterproof! The mess could have been a lot worse. When I had to take all the plants out to clean up the mess, I was able to give everyone a bit of a trim and the new orientation of the plants gives the trizzler in the back a better shot at getting at the light.

Thanks for stopping by! :smiley:

6 Likes

Day 63 update. I just got back from 5 days in Vegas. Was worried about my garden but nobody seemed to even miss me.

One of the nicer sunset sherbet buds on the left. One of the nicer whiskey zulu buds on the right.

Cement shoes still packing on the pounds

Whiskey Zulu dirt plant in a 1 gallon pot went 5 days without water and didn’t even seem to phase her.

She’s starting to find her stink.

Thanks for taking a gander!

7 Likes

She was due for a watering, but after looking her trichomes over I decided to chop the cement shoes plant today.

Here she is with all the LST ties removed. Just before the chop.

Stay tuned the next couple weeks we’ll be taking down the plants in the auto tent. :smiley:

4 Likes

3 of the 4 autos got the axe today.

Sunset sherbet #1

She got a little haircut before chopping:

Check out the rootball. Lots going on down there!

Sherbet #2 before her chop:

Whiskey Zulu the light hog:

She had never been outside, so I snapped a quick glamour photo of her on the outdoor plant table:

The tent is looking pretty bare now! :smiley: The Trizzler can finally get all the light she wants without having to fight for it:

I think she’s got a week or so before she’s done. She started 5 days behind the others and isn’t showing that she’s ready yet. That’s fine my drying spots are all filled up at the moment. :smiley:

3 Likes

Since Trizzler got the tent all to herself, I stretched her out a little trying to get some better light to those lower budsites:

She smells great. Only one of the 5 autos that never showed any signs of nutrient issues. She got full strength bloom nutes at 950ppm about a week before she flipped to flower, and has got a 440ppm finishing formula the last week or so as the other bigger plants were finishing up.

Her main bud:

The rest of the garden is drying. Cement shoes will probably be done drying early next week we’ll see.

4 Likes