Old bagseed grow

Hey @nick131740 what would your approach be to popping older improperly stored seed?

Tbh it’s hit and miss unless they are refrigerated. Ive heard alot of people having success with peroxide I think. Some people scuff the seed to encourage it. I would post a topic on it, you’d get much better responses. Fortunately my old seeds have been in the fridge. Is 17 yrs old? Probably not but I call em old.

What kind of seeds are they?

So i cut 5 plants down, and they are in jars. The bagseed came out best again over everything else. The smell is strong and pungent like a sour grapefruit with some funk thrown in. Early samples provided a strong meditative effect. Here’s a dry nug…

I’ll be back in few weeks with dry shots of everything else.

Freakshow and Balkh hasphplant beefing up…

Here’s a new plant going in the tent it’s a shiatsu kush from seed…

Bagseed clone…

9 Likes

So my sensi silver haze and bubba kush are popped. I’ll update when they get going later. My hashplant is slowly coming along now. First 3 pics is a closeup of the balkh hashplant. It’s a landrace, but is growing great in the tent. I really like it a whole lot. It’s easy to grow, and has had nothing but water. Been super healthy throughout.

20240722_075618|375x500

9 Likes

Looks good man

7 Likes

First 3 shots are the afghan hashplant, smells real good like forest berries…

(upload://KwQX8dWHEh6fWdWwZWL1ofgBLE.jpeg)

Sensi silver haze and bubba kush x runtz up. Decided to pop another bubba runtz bc my pre98 s1 didnt make it. Also popped a dp white widow which should be alot of fun.

Freakshow cola of of the tent, smell is of
pine needles and citrus. Going to run a few more in the fall just for the fun factor.

9 Likes

Love your entire journal @nick131740 just got caught back up. Have it on watching now so I don’t miss again. I got a Freakshow looking plant in my guerilla spot that I need to take pics of. I was going to kill it at first but coming across your Freakshow and a few others on here, I’m really curious now to see what comes of her. I’ll take some pics and post up the next time I hit that spot. We definitely need to talk about trading some seeds in the future. Keep up the awesome work…
K+++ I’m outta likes, but I’ll be back!

1 Like

Cool plz share. It’s def an interesting plant to grow. I never toss slow or mutant plants after listening to Tom Hill speak on always keeping them. Here’s my other pheno of freakshow and flower shot is pre 98 bubba. Having hard time dialing the earthbox plants in, we’re free seeds so I’m

Rosetta stone 2 weeks cure, photos aren’t doing justice. This stuff looks like sparkling diamonds. Not bad for a jack herer.

5 Likes

Sparkling diamonds, indeed. Great work man.

1 Like

Had this little Philly pop awhile back was from one lone Bean i had laying on my garage floor in a corner i haven’t looked in at least 8 years god knows how long she was there in my seed addiction i figured lets plant it and see what it does i have no clue what this little lady is but she smells of the most delicious Lemonhead runtz candy profile Reminiscent of @NugLifeFarms420 Runtz crosses (Those were superb BTW miss that guy)and she is very greasy and very gassy you will sniff you fingers for hours and drool she earned an uppot tonight and a place at the table

!

5 Likes

Nice man that’s why seeds are the best! You can literally have anything pop out of seeds. I’ve had some nice grows with runtz too. One of my favorite newer genetics.

2 Likes

Real quick heres all the seedlings and revegging. Dried nugs are the cough, it’s smelling soapy, perfumey which I love personally. My preference for terps, alot of ogs have

Had to tie this baby up. She was collapsed, luckily nothing snapped. Looks like 2 more weeks til chop smell is herbal funk atm…

11 Likes

is that freakshow from clone or did you find it in seed form? if seed, where did you get the seed from?

looks and sounds interesting

The pictured plants are clones, I got the seeds from a guy on strainly. They were regs, cheap too like 10 for 25 bucks. Very consistent plant with not much variation. With that said the yield sucks so it’s a headstash. For me it’s just fun to watch bc it’s so strange. Even the seeds are white. Freakshow gets me high af too, very good potency with mine at least.

3 Likes

You’ve got a nice variety going on there.

1 Like

Thanks I’m certainly very busy bringing stuff in, and letting stuff go. Luckily my brother is a seed addict so I’m always running what he has and vice versa. For rhe longest time I’d only grow 2 strains per run, and of course I got bored fast. So this is my new model…just run a bunch of random shit :laughing:.

1 Like

Here’s some shots of flowers finishing up, afghan looksbeslooks best. Buds are dense and smell great.

Here’s my g13 x hashplant curing, one of my favorites this year. High is so good at night, very relaxing effect. This stuff is frosted to the max, forgive my trim job or lack of…

9 Likes

That’s one of my favorites and a great centerline for breeding.

I’ve noticed alot of great breeders using it in hybrids. I’m assuming it adds stability, structure, and yield. I’m a huge hashplant fan now, my other balk hasplant is impressing me too. Very diffrent from today’s multi hybrids. I like the classic dank smell both have.

This fall i plan on pollinating one with a male deep chunk or this other hashplant. Should be a lovely combination of indicas.

1 Like

It’s a killer strain and one of the forest crossed with an original G13 clone. It’s potent, resilient plant to grow, great overall.

1 Like