Old photo from 1971

If you are on Reddit check out my sub. VintageTrees.

3 Likes

My father, who was born in 1908, told me he smoked weed a few times before it was criminalized. (My folks were, to some degree, “those” kind of people. My mom dated a gangster for a while in the early 1930s.) My dad didn’t really care for it he said, and I had to take him at his word. We are/were so different in that regard!

4 Likes

Man i wonder what a weekend in 1908 was like lol

4 Likes

No shit. I’ve wondered about that kind of stuff my entire life.

My dad said he remembered the first automobile he ever saw when he was 3 years old, in Saginaw, Michigan if I remember correctly. That was not long after this photo of him was taken. Pretty tame by today’s standards (or lack thereof), but a real rapscallion as a child.

Those were the days of fountain pens!

12 Likes

some old Banknotes from that time…

and old postcarts,more than 100yrs old…

…written at a WW1 Sickbay 1917

…and from 1920

9 Likes

I’ll say ‘71 Sativa… lol

2 Likes
2 Likes

I’d say it’s either Michoacan or Mexican death sativa in that picture. That plant looks like my Mexican death sativa. It starts out looking just like that 71 plant.

Not sure when MGS was created.

I just crossed Hoper valley Gilgit into Mexican death sativa. Testing those plants now.

These are MDS phenotype and I have big wide leaf plants I set aside. The female was MDS I used.

I’m making F2s with a heavy Hoper valley Gilgit phenotype expressions. I breed lots of plants every year.

I need a vacation and a non seed harvest year :thinking:

3 Likes

This is the coolest story/Pictures I’ve seen. Thank you for sharing and it really makes me think that 28 is just baby years. I got a long way to go still this existential crisis is getting out of hand lol

I shall dab to this cheers

3 Likes

My gpop did say they called it mexican loco weed

2 Likes