OldSchoolNewKid's First Plant... Success?!

Hey all my OGers! this is my first grow diary, although most of it is “past tense” at this point as i am about a month into flower. i just wanted to officially document and share my journey with my very first personal plant! So it’s pretty much a bag seed. The wife and i found it in some of flower from one of our favorite dispos while smoking at a buddys. he had just recently started growing and told us to go throw it in a starter cube and see what happens. we really didnt know what to expect, If anything, but have been pleasantly surprised and in awe every step of the way! Anyway, i’ll post up some of the pics I’ve taken while stumbling my way through this experience lol. Please leave me your comments, questions, tips, tricks, pointers, suggestions, ideas, do’s, dont’s,… ANYTHING! I Love the people, community, and knowledge in this place!

16 Likes

From starter cube, to soil.
yall will have to forgive me. i wasnt good at keeping track of time frames on anything. and what i did keep track of, (which isnt much… :pensive:) is written down at my buddys

10 Likes

she was growing fast, but at this point, i was kinda worried about the stretching and nodal spacing, and the lack of expression in the nodes. plus the 3 leaf fans? the only time i’ve seen that is with tissue culture plants. either way, she was green and growing. i was happy still lol

10 Likes

Good luck man looks good

2 Likes

thanks @Zombie420! heres a more recent pic of where shes at now, i was just working on posting pics in chronological order best i can lol

10 Likes

Nice looking plant! Do you know the strain?

1 Like

Great you started your first diary, it can be nerve racking for some in fear of criticism. That’s not what OG is about though so all I can say is we are here with you bud., Best of luck, looking great so far.

3 Likes

@ELG, it’s kinda funny you ask. I know what dispo it came from, but we usually have 6-8+ of their strains at any given time. (We like having options lol) SO, between being the silly stoners we were, and all caught up in our excitement, we totally didn’t pay any attention to which one we got it from lmao. So no, not really sure what it is but have it narrowed down to about 8 options :joy: we are pretty familiar with their flower though, so I’m Hoping come smoke time, we will be able to figure it out :wink:

1 Like

so at this point, shes looking good, but i didn’t want it to keep stretching so much and end up with a bean stalk, and wanted to get the nodes expressing more, so i topped her after this point.

edit: still wasnt sure what was going to come of this thing, and have never tried cloning before, so i chopped the top and tossed it. looking back now i really wish i would’ve at least tried to clone the top, just to even say i tried, but oh well. hindsight is always 20-20 i guess. lesson learned

started expressing nicely after the topping.
Also, does anyone have any insight or know anything about the whole 3 leaf fan leafs? is it just some sort of genetic morph? does it mean anything good bad or ugly? like i said, i’ve only ever seen it on tissue culture plants. (i work at a commercial grow, and all our plants grown via tissue culture have 3 leaf fans)

1 Like

I think it just depends on the plant age and health. Not an issue as far as I know.

1 Like

fast forward a little, shes growing out nicely…

4 Likes

Finally past the three leaves I see, looking nice

:heart::ok_hand::ok_hand:

1 Like

thank you! and just wait till i get the rest of the pics up and bring everyone up to speed lol :smiley: :wink:

This is shortly after putting her into flower…

…and a couple weeks later…

5 Likes

Dam am i excited! shes looking good and getting thick! decided to clean up some of the fan leaves. these are the latest pics, which means we are all caught up now!

…let me know what yall think! i would appreciate the feedback! :smiley: :pray: :peace_symbol:

6 Likes

Beaultiful plants man.
Keep growing.

2 Likes

here’s a couple fresh pics…
Question: being about half way through flower, did i thin her out too much/ take too many of her fan leaves?

2 Likes

cant get a good in-focus close up. not sure if it my old ass phone, or my shaky ass lmao. but heres one more…

2 Likes

nope. sometimes i take everything up high so light gets lower buds. you did fine ! nice looking plant

2 Likes