OleReynards Shanty Bar 2021

Got a similar story. Car accident at 18, neck and back problems since. Many years as a roofer, heavy truck parts. Ripping up the dunes on atvs, all caught up to me. Its really take a toll on the mental health. The pain killers at the time didn’t help either made things worse.

5 Likes

You got some Sugar Black Rose going??
You get those from Heath?
I was lucky to get my hands on some though a friend of his. Everyone around me went crazy over it, as at that time no one ever seen actual purple buds. This is the only pic that I could find and it’s just a bud shot…

7 Likes

These are sugar black rose from Delicious more black domina dom
I had the black rose wasn’t worth talking about.

7 Likes

I actually agree, it really wasn’t anything to write home about, smoke wise. Wasn’t bad, but wasn’t stellar. It was just hyped up because of the color.
At that time, I made some good coin from it, not gonna lie…:grin::grin:

5 Likes

For what its worth. I was in the same predicament last grow. Had a really nice Afghani plant that I realized was the only seed I had. So at about 6 weeks in flower I took 2 clones from the bottom. One is doing really well the other meh! But thepoint is that they rooted and I have put them back in veg. Try it, you’ll like it!

7 Likes

If you’re talking ibuprofen watch it they’re kidney killers

9 Likes

Yeah I took way too much of that in my younger years. Don’t take much anymore. Just gabapintin for nerves

4 Likes

@StocktonT how the hell you and the family been, I hope all is well.
Don’t be a stranger.

4 Likes

Im checkin in… Always watched from afar but I figure now is the time to immerse myself and learn somethin!

6 Likes

Sooo everyone big question here.

I’m inquisitive on how many plants, percentage wise do you grow every run that turn out to be shit?

Just down right no value whatsoever?

8 Likes

Welcome to the Shanty Bar put a good buzz on.

5 Likes

Like, statistically speaking whats my n value along with expected keepers?

2 Likes

I don’t know bro, I haven’t had any terrible ones yet, but your blue kush looks like it may be the shit!

I tried to get a closer look and the damn trichs almost poked my eye out!

25 Likes

Not expected keepers not talking mids either, just of no value.
I do packs and I can normally expect 66% to be girls.
So your getting 6 girls out of that 10 pc pack, I always expect 1 shitty ass plant that’s yuck.

11 Likes

That was one of my older creations “chuck”
Glad you likey

8 Likes

Did you do anything with this, pm me.

3 Likes

Yo @Badger !!
Those right there are some sexy plants! If those buds don’t blow the toes of your shoes off, nothing will.

8 Likes

I forget the values off the top of my head, but I assume due to the diploid nature of the plant (some argue they have polyploidy) there is going to be theoretically a 1:1 ratio of male to females. So assuming I pop 10 seeds, 5 will be female. Out of those 5, I expect 3 mids, and a higher chance of 2 “mehs” than 1 “keeper”. Figuring that with the genetic cocktail from an open pollination event, lets be generous, and say 1 out of every 100 yields a true keeper. So big picture, id say roughly 70% will be “average mehs”, upper 95% will be “goods” and 1% being truly amazing, and the lower 30% being less than desirables.

9 Likes

I’ll let you know, but it sure looks promising.

I may chuck some paralyzer 4 pollen at a clone and see what comes of it.

If I didn’t know better I’d say that someone, at least used to know, what they were doing. :wink:

7 Likes

Lmao!, yeah, better wear goggles. i love the look of her. Thats a cool looking plant. Let us know what she cures and smokes like! peace

@OleReynard, the 4 little MM are already speeding along. I was having problems getting the pics on my computer but will try again. They sure are strong babies.

9 Likes