Oleskool’s Shitkicker Grow Show. Navigating the Fog

Absolutely! Tag me up man!

:cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Thanks for the tag man. @BigMike55. I’ve got to learn more about this Frankenstein strain. Beautiful herb. I hope it’s as good as it looks. Good Growin’ my brother.

Blessings…

4 Likes

5 Likes

The plants in the cups sure look patient. They’re looking top notch. How far along are the flowering plants with the PM? Man. if you can, you gotta nip it in the bud (heh) right away. It ruined my whole harvest because I was so tight on cash. I don’t ever want that stuff to get that far again. And it didn’t even look like it was real bad.

If they’re young in flower may be able to use a sulfur product. Sulfur powder a few times seem to kill it off. There’s a thread from somebody, and @JoeCrowe seems to have a system of killing it off completely.

Has anyone here defeated powdery mildew?.

You can still get a handle on the veg tent. I used Safer brand (sulfur fungicide or something? ) a few different times and it killed it in the house. Oh man, try and get on it. You will be so sad like I was. Good luck!

“cannabis is a plant… and, I will slap you with it”. :joy_cat:

4 Likes

If you are really thorough you can kill the mildew with one spray of sulfur mixed with water. I recommend two sprays two weeks apart in veg to make sure it’s dead. Never spray in bloom. I use 92% micronized(powder) sulfur 2 tablespoons per gallon is strong enough to kill it off. Spray the plants good.

7 Likes

Just at wk 3 of flower.

How much baking soda to quart or Gallon of water? @GMan Have you tried this? I might try this stuff.

I need a nuclear option. I’m gonna check into a sulfur burner for the shed. I’m told you can use one of those essential oil burners. This is a classic example of what can fuck up the perpetual harvest schedule! I’d rather fight PM than bugs honestly. Where is Chemical Ali?

5 Likes

Ahhhh you got some in the dirt. I’ll have to check in your thread a bit more often now. :v:

5 Likes

If you follow what @JoeCrowe said, you will be good. He knows his shit on plant sickness, disease, bugs.

3 Likes

@oleskool830 ^^^^^ Follow Joe Crowe’s regimen. I had it forever, tried everything but sulfur, all that other stuff just postpones it for a bit. 2x sulfur sprays and it’s gone… why pussyfoot around?

7 Likes

lol, I crack down on parasites with an iron fist. Eradicate the enemy. BAM

5 Likes

Hey @JoeCrowe. I hope you’re well and properly stoned this Monday. My infested plants are in week 3 of flower with little bitty buds just forming. Is it too late for the sulfur treatment? If so, what do you recommend for this stage of flower. Thanks man. Any help with this shit is appreciated.

Blessings…

6 Likes

through the fog

6 Likes

The thing about doing it in bloom is the sulfur is not going to come off, so it’ll taste like gun powder. You do have a couple options though…

1. trash the bloom plants and sterilize everything with sulfur, then start bloom again.
  2. sterilize the veg plants and finish blooming the other plants then harvest them and give the veg plants one more spray before bloom.
  3. spray everything now and enjoy sulfur.

The key to wiping it out, is to make sure you spray every cannabis plant at the same time, so you can break the cycle for good. It can lurk on downed plant material.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Sorry man, I didn’t realize you were in flower. I’ve limped through using Green Cure, Lacto B, Amino Acids + Ca, and/or a UV-c light… then washing the buds in a H2O bath at harvest. I ended up oiling a lot.

All of those are a PITA, and only bandaids on the problem.

I think the sulfur has wiped the crap out.

7 Likes

Brother I appreciate the knowledge very much.
Do you put any stock in baking soda? I’m gonna go with option #2. I need to harvest these plants. The worst of it is on lower leaves. Nothing in the top 1/3 of the plant. I could double down on non sulfur treatments till I can harvest. Then sanitize and treat all my tents. Right now it’s limited to 1 flower tent and an early veg tent but I’ll do all of them and the vegging plants with sulfur before flowering.
This shit is all consuming. I’m determined to rid myself of this vile fungus! I’m saving all of your posts on the subject in oleskool’s Big Red Book of Aquired Knowledge.

6 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

Mostly, baking soda will leave a mess. You can wash it off after, at least! It won’t really hurt the mildew much, though. Same with hydrogen peroxide and vinegar. I usually recommend making edibles out of the mildew contaminated buds.

6 Likes

Hey @GMan! I ran across a post of yours that cracked me up again as much as it did the first time.

“Anybody here wanna see my siister and the donkey? PM me for PayPal.”

Hahahahaha! Too damn funny! Hahahahaha! :rofl::grin::laughing::joy:🥹

4 Likes