On the ideals of communism

Mate he accused Todd of being some Spanish White Label operation, Which he clearly is not. It’s very disingenuous of you to paint it as anything other than what it was.

4 Likes

They’re really not very far off in my opinion. Making a play on the retail seed market for a desirable variety to be sold at retail prices. A variety that was developed and made popular by another brand.

If it was about getting seeds to people and not profits he would be here on Overgrow in the Co-Op and throwing seeds around like we do. He’s White Labeling already well known genetics and emphatically stating that he’s not purposefully working them in unique directions, that he’s offering as close to the original recipes as possible. That’s White Labeling as it relates to the unregulated retail seed market. Call it what you will. I’ve said my piece.

Many blessings and much love

1 Like

That is almost every breeder getting caught into that stupidly broad definition that does not match everyone else’s understanding of white label when it comes to canna seed. Curious that it just so happens to fit the argument your making there buddy.

1 Like

Who’s producing the seeds?

1 Like

As he should, because of what white labeling means in this community. It is the “jargon” for our community.

5 Likes

The distinctive difference in my opinion is working populations in unique directions.

Todd purposefully sought out well established work to reproduce and sell without taking the populations in unique directions. That’s either hacking or white labeling. Many blessings and much love

What about the farmers on the west coast who created all of these strains which were exploited by these businessmen. What about the countries and communities they came from originally? What about the wind that brought it from the next valley over to their valley? What about the earth which rotates causing heat to emit from inside itself… why is the sky blue… why is water wet…

2 Likes

What the hell

Why is the thread in my unread?

1 Like

Full moon somewhere. Halloween surprise.

1 Like

I am fascinated by the thought process behind “I want to be johnny appleseed” (which can be interpreted in many ways) → “You’re not doing that right! So you need to donate your product!”

I do not understand that connection. I personally feel that the neighborhood lawn care company that says “spread the mulch” isn’t spreading it thoroughly enough, so therefore they need to give free mulch to the entire town. Don’t they think they should do that to stand up for their ideals?! They are being ideologically impure! If they really meant it, they would do the thing that I personally feel is the most important way to go through the world!!

The guy mentioned being Johnny Appleseed in a very last sentence of his message, it’s not like it was the overriding ethos of his company or some shit. People have different definitions of things and different lessons learned from stories we learn as children.

I said the other night that I want to be weed santa. If someone decides that means I want to exploit the labor of another species to travel magically through the world and visit people’s homes, and demands that I stop invading privacy…what do I do with that? What are people supposed to do with this insistence that the guy donate seeds to the co-op?

1 Like

While that’s true, it’s unfounded. Not unlike reading often about calyx swelling, no they’re actually called bracts. Strains? Oh cultivars and varieties.

White Label seeds can be and are often great.

We’ve got a handful of members in here who think White Labeling is random bag seeds being renamed and sold. Just because that’s the majority thinking White Labeling is bad doesn’t make it true.

Last time I mentioned calyx can’t be seen really and the structure being discussed is actually a bract I was told that’s not how the community calls it. If we pander to those things what does it say about us as a community? Many blessings and much love

1 Like

I see you! Too early!

2 Likes

You are ignoring what the term means to a large section of a specific subset of society, in this case people who grow weed. In this community “white labeling” means taking bulk Spanish (mostly) seeds, and packaging them as some other strain and selling them.

You are arguing against the common vernacular used by this group, that’s not going to work out well for you no matter how well meaning you may be.

Most communities or subsets of society have there own jargon, it’s completely normal since language became a thing. Is it a soda, a pop, or a Dr. Pepper?

1 Like

Context is important. Also go back and read any book from 100 years ago and you’ll notice that language is not static but an ever evolving thing.

2 Likes

He said he wants to be Jonny Appleseed and only charge $1 per pack. He’s been charging at least $50 per pack since being in business publicly.

I’m just calling out the hypocrisy that he’s mostly assuredly in it for a potential profit. And that’s totally fine. Just don’t straddle both sides of line. Johnny Appleseed isn’t charging $50 per pack and isn’t trying to be misleading with $2 seeds. There are no $2 seeds, one must spend $125 for that privilege.

No customer has been able to checkout that I know of when ordering direct for less than $50 on the AG website. Many blessings and much love

Obviously, he’s dead. But he absolutely did sell seeds and saplings.

How many customers does he have? Of those how many have you verified their order specifics?

1 Like

Probably a bad example too, I’d assume some sort of controversy but I didn’t choose the example Todd did. Many blessings and much love

1 Like

I want to be able to give away everything I make! I can’t at this point. Eventually perhaps! I also struggle a lot with trying to price things because I spent so much time around people like you who would insist that I sell things as cheaply as THEY wanted me to, not for an amount that even covered my costs.

Maybe his goal is to eventually be at a point that he can give everything away for free! And he isn’t there yet. Just because someone wants to be/do something doesn’t mean that they are able to do it on YOUR schedule.

Also if someone is selling 50 for $100, they ARE selling for $2/seed. Just because it’s not in a quantity you think they should be selling, that doesn’t mean they aren’t doing the thing they said they would do.

3 Likes