Operation fuck cancer grow

First, good luck with this run.

Second, take a picture of your led light, some amazon lights are coming from Aliexpress and I had a really bad experience from one of those cheapo growing led lamps with 2 switches, one for vegg other for bloom…

If you search for 14/02 you will see day by day how they grow under a led lamp like mine and the difference when I got the HPS.

One thing I want make clear is that if you are using a 300w hps, you will need 275w led for the same job, so not much difference in power draw.
(correct me if I am wrong)

Most cheap led lamps say equivalent to 1000w and they just draw 50w, meaning it is not the same.
The LED advantages are basic less heat, when I stated the small growth rate I imediatly got a hps kit because is cheaper and available in most growshops and now I am good.

On money side, 350 for a led lamp, 80 for a hps kit with ballast, led lasts 4 years, hps is one bulb every year, meaning 140 for the 4 years.

Good vibes 4 your laydies!

3 Likes

I completely forgot, thank you for the reminder! I fixed it :blush:

4 Likes

This is my current lighting setup. Needs some upgrading, it’s just cobbled together with what I could afford

Don’t mind all of the vegetables waiting for it to warm up enough to move them outside

This is the only light with any markings on it

15 Likes

It looks like mine…
It might be less light than you need even with the triple leds on the side.
While vegging you may add a flourescent white bulb and it will work fine.
As for flowering you will need more light I think.
What you can do is really compare the developement of your girls with mine and you will see, if they don’t have light they won’t grow, my first run with that light alone gave me a week of smoke after 4 months.

On the 2nd run I had the hps after 1 month veggin with one like yours and in 2 weeks they doubled the size thank to the new light.

On the 1st one even the roots didn’t expanded over 7in.

I hope you have better luck or be prepared for a flash purchase of a hps that are cheaper, but then you will need to deal with the heat. I messed up and needed a cooltube for my 400w lamp. Were stressful days while the cooltube didn’t arrived.

And for my setup is better because in winter I needed 2 heaters one 500 and another 400w to keep the intake air warmer in the right range and right now while on the lamp heats the room so the air comes in the closet warm. And in qinter I will only need one heater, so less consumption of electricity but let’s see, I wish you the best but keep the picturea coming so we all can give you a hand.

On my 1st run I was like you, closet handmade in my case, one exaust blower and a cheap led, as I said I have seen so good yelds with led but are those led that cost way more and have the same power draw of a hps lamp, so a ballast, a cooltube and a lamp may cost you 85€ in europe, my led was 35€. But by the time I sensed I needed a better light I had some money on soil, pots, seeds, and I really need to save money by growing my stash so I had to move quick and make the math going for a sollution that I could buy and I know it works, that is hps for me.

4 Likes

My first grow I used these lights an you’re right, I didn’t get very much bud. I thought it may have been because I used bag seeds but the lighting makes more sense.

So for my 2x4 tent what wattage hps would you recommend? I will check out what’s out there. I don’t know anything about them, I’ll have to do some research.

My tent is in my house. Currently my biggest issue is keeping it below 80 in there. That little square led puts out so much heat. I’ve just been cracking the door open a little

9 Likes

I’ve had decent success with HLG quantum boards. But if you can vent outside that would help with heat management issues.

4 Likes

I think 300w is ok, on more or less the same room I am using 400w hps that serves 5 or 6 plants in 7L pots, it looks like a good yeld but still some days till harvest for me and I might be more precise about yelds but no comparison with the one before, when I reached 1 month veggin people here told me that they sopose to be bigger and there was light, it was the lamp.

That is why I feel the need to warn people, you are spending time, efford, money, at least some good results.

About the heat, you need a good extractor and I am using a carbon filter because I live in the center of a village, more air will drop the temperature, but remember summer is around the corner so you may be all right in winter and fall harvests.

But the end setup may need some tweeks around the year, for me in summer I have lights on at night and day temperatures are in a good range during the day, at night I take advantage of the lamp heat and warm the room.
In winter I will need the 500w heater on so I can have tropical temperatures and then I turn the lights on during daytime, because of the heater I can do any time I want, usually during day in winter.

2 Likes

maybe check out this very recent thread about a grow light that’s currently being discounted on amazon.

it looks like the coupon is still valid. there’s the 420w version for about $160-170 after tax/shipping, or the 100w version for about $50 i think. some og’ers have gotten theirs in and are saying it seems to be pretty decent so far.

3 Likes

I grew out a sunshine daydream last year. It is magnificent for pain. Hoping for one of the BX this year to be a female so I can grow another one. Tell Dad that he has great taste!

7 Likes

In a 2x4 a 400w hps will perform excellent and will yield you a lot of bud.
Don’t stress about the temperatures getting into the 80s. All it means is you’ll have to water more frequently.
I’d personally be using an oscillating fan Inside the tent to help move the warm air around the tent and as a bonus the plants swaying in the breeze will strengthen the stems making stronger plants that don’t fold with the weight from the Buds. If the temps get into the 90s is when I’d start to worry.
Your selection in strains is excellent. C99 is my all time favourite even though my preference is indica leaning plants.
My only suggestion is to NOT worry to much about the growing conditions as that’s usually when things go wrong. You find what you think is an issue then run around throwing stuff at a plant trying to fix said issue inevitably creating different issues.
You got this :+1:

7 Likes

I’ve been thru pages of Amazon listing looking an comparing different hps setups, they are too expensive right now unfortunately. Since LEDs are cheaper I’m looking at more powerful setups, what’s your thoughts on either on these?

Option 1
Option 2

Amazon may not even be the best place to look I don’t know? I’m trying to keep it below $100

2 Likes

They are both 100w draw still too little power, even if you add the current one on the side.

1 Like

Having a problem with this one blueberry. Those bottom leaves are not happy

7 Likes

Maybe over watering? How often you water?

3 Likes

I’ve been watering whenever they look dry on top an the sides of the cups, about every other day or so. Maybe the center is wetter then I’m assuming?

2 Likes

hey heather420! i don’t have a huge amount of experience with the led boards yet to give a totally informed opinion, but i would say get what you can afford even if it won’t be quite enough for your current needs. it’ll be better than what you have and you can keep upgrading your setup as you’re able to.

given the two options that you linked, i sort of like the phlizon more as they explicitly mention using samsung led’s, which are well regarded with growers. there is a reviewer who says that not all of the leds on the board seem to be samsungs, but that’s still better than the mieemclux option, which says nothing about the brand of leds they use.

perhaps you’ll get the board and find you really like it and by the time flower rolls around you might have enough to afford a second. or you’ll have some males that you cull, or whatever.

regarding your little baby, it does look like the growing medium is too wet. was that photo from right after watering, or had it been sitting like that for a bit? what is it planted in by the way, what’s your soil mix?

2 Likes

Thank you for the input!

As for the plant I had just watered it right before taking the picture. They are in a coco soil mix. The little square thing is a biodegradable pot I had used when sprouting, I didn’t wanna risk hurting the plant so I just put the whole thing in the cup. The roots have stretched beyond it so I don’t think that’s my problem but it probably is holding more water. The other plants look great, I’m doing the same for all of them

4 Likes

Blueberry is infamous for being nutrient sensitive, the soil may be too hot for it, give it some time, and don’t feed it…just water.

2 Likes

Here’s my other plants for comparison

10 Likes

are your new seeds in a different soil mix? or is it just the lighting/watering that makes it look different?

2 Likes