Operation fuck cancer grow

Hmm I never noticed that. It’s from the same bag of dirt, I used the last of it for those new cups. What could cause the different colors?

2 Likes

I can’t get over how adorable these new sprouts are. They are soo tiny :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

It’s the light :sweat_smile: I’m pretty sure. :wink:

Tap the seedling stems with your finger once or twice a day to help them build stronger stems. :v:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

That’s a real technique?! I’m already staring at them intently and telling them to deal with the bugs as @Rogue recommend on my other post :laughing:

6 Likes

Yep, like broken bones that heal stronger.

2 Likes

Would those be Black n Blue Jacks (autos)?

Ask @Slick1 about his results from yelling at his plants. I think they constantly rebel against it. :rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah I didn’t see any growth difference but some of them started wearing black eye liner.

10 Likes

Updated picture of the babies. The one that had the sick leaves I cut them off so the plant can focus on the healthy leaves, it’s slowly growing. Still abnormal compared to the other plants.

With my second round of seeds I only had one ssdd not sprout. Everything is going good so far! :heart:

15 Likes

Removing the vegetables from the tent really cut down the bugs. I sterilized the whole tent an spayed the plants down with a little soapy water, gently rubbed the leaves. I’m not seeing anymore gnats flying around an much less thrip damage. I think I got it under control for now. So the question is what preventive can I use so they don’t come back?

7 Likes

I’m not sure we ever rid ourselves of them. I’ve used many things, but the old garlic/oil/detergent/water stuff is simple to make and use, but it will smell of garlic for while.
I also used a biological after someone posted up about it. Cost $40.00 for 5 million of the nematode’s, from https://www.arbico-organics.com/product .
I’m also set up an Aqua tray, with organic filled pots, and the fluid level comes a few inches up the side of the pots, so I’m wicking up the juice over using drippers or squitter tubes to feed/water the pots. The top of the medium never gets wet.
I’ve not seeing hardly any of the amount of gnats I should be seeing, or I have always seen at this time frame.
I’ve also used dryer sheets laid across the tops of the pots to reduce gnats, that worked pretty good. I just hate those damned things myself, dry sheets.
Here is a pic that may help you visualize my babblings.
Reservoir and tray, with pots in.

Tops of the pots.

Not saying this is a win, just trying to keep the top of the pot dry for gnat reduction.

14 Likes

How’s the aqua tray work? Looks like it pushes water up from the bottom tray? How’s it not overflow? I was thinking of building sip pots for the plants I put outside

3 Likes

This is a nutrient burn current? I found a old powder nutrition from my first grow, I must’ve measured it wrong. I’ll think I’ll stick with the agrothrive it’s been working for me so far

15 Likes

Just wanted to pop in real quick with a FCK CNCER and best wishes to you and your family. Good luck with your grow. Dont forget some hemp.

4 Likes

Hey Heather420, I buy the Flood & Drain kits, but SOOO easy to make also.
The height of the juice can be raised or lowered by adding or subtracting sections of the drain pieces. I run the pump when lights are on.

5 Likes

Opinions wanted - Should I cull this plant or let it go? It doesn’t appear to be doing much since the bottom leaves died

It looks healthy otherwise just isn’t growing

8 Likes

If I was commercial, I’d whack it in a heart beat…
…but I’m not. :vulcan_salute:

Personally, I keep it going to see what it does.
The meristem looks good.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

I agree with @Gpaw. I’d let it grow, sometimes the slow starters can surprise you.

8 Likes

That may be a little bit of nutrient burn. :slight_smile:
If you’re strictly limited to a certain number of plants then cull that seedling & start a new one. :+1: Otherwise let it be.

2 Likes

I messed up! This past week I was watering with fish tank water mixed with a little agrothrive. I think the fish water was too much an is giving them nutrient burn. Today I flushed them with plain water in hopes to recover the plants affected.

It’s still getting pretty cold at night up here in the mountains but I’m planning on beginning to harden off the strongest plants. My vegetables are doing fine so I’m not too worried.

13 Likes

Honestly the bottom pic anyway I would not be giving any nutes too. I run strictly water until they establish some size unless they are showing adverse affects even then just a touch of clonex or nutes at 1/8 strength. Just my 2cents

8 Likes