Opprui 420W on a big discount

I snagged one of these for 70% off on Amazon about 90min ago, had to get done with work before I could post it so hopefully it’s still available(Coupon is no longer showing for me since I bought one). Let me know if it works or not and I’ll edit accordingly. https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Diodes-Dimmable-Spectrum-Indoor/dp/B09G66W73D?th=1

Pic of order for proof.

11 Likes

Very cool, I just checked it and the coupon is still working. Nice share, thanks. I don’t need a light but this should be great for some.

4 Likes

Awesome, thanks for checking. Hope some people snag it while it’s available at this price. The Amazon reviews mostly seems really good, and couldn’t find too many videos but the ones I did find said they were happy with it.

2 Likes

420 watts for $150 with Samsung diodes is an amazing deal. Hopefully some folks do jump on this, not a deal one will see very often. Thanks for sharing man, really cool.

2 Likes

Great looking deal! Thanks for sharing

1 Like

I’ll give it a go. My wife’s 3x3 vegetable tent needs a better light and I can run it under power. Driver is probably the weak point, so hopefully it lasts.

4 Likes

They’ll only get cheaper and more efficient!
A matter of patience. :smiley:

2 Likes

on these led boards, do you know if the driver can be swapped out for a more reliable one?

2 Likes

If you know what you’re doing I’m sure you can. You just have to match up the current rating and power spec.

2 Likes

There is nothing saying that driver is not good and reliable. If I were looking for a light I would defiantly check it out, for the money and power it seems like it’s worth it IMO.

1 Like

my biggest hesitation when I saw this was that there’s not a lot of spec info on it. Unless I missed the info it doesn’t even say which Samsung diodes it uses. But like you said:

1 Like

Yeah, I would agree but as someone who has grown nice plants with blurples and seen great plants grown with led light bulbs with the covers broken off I would not worry too much about it. For that money and wattage I would take the chance. Folks do get pretty caught up on brands but it’s amazing what can actually work well.

2 Likes

Great light for that price. Enticing but I’ve spent way too much on gear this year…. And then I’d need another tent to fit it in! Heh.

1 Like

A Meanwell driver for that light is fairly cheap:

https://www.alliedelec.com/product/mean-well/xlg-240-h-ab/71807827/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlOmk74XM9wIVGD2tBh0JnALGEAAYAiAAEgKn9_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

4 Likes

Thanks @Oldjoints

If it is what they say it is, it is a very good deal.

They do claim Samsung LEDs in the description amongst other claims. The efficacy they note is a bit on the lower end relatively but not bad at 2.3. Wtih current generation Samsungs I would expect that to be higher. The PPFD claim of 2312 for 12" is a bit ludicrous but I really don’t have much background on such square form factor panels, I’d guess subtract 1K from that. If it’s true then it’s a really hot center spot that would roll off quickly. Consumes 420W true output is odd. I presume 420W wall plug consumption is what they meant.

I bought one and will perform a couple of quick and simple measurements. I don’t have the information needed to verify LED die markings so it is always a bit of a risk regarding counterfeit LEDs coming out of some countries. But, can never have enough fixtures and could be a win.

14 Likes

Thanks Loki. Your reviews are always quite thorough and insightful, much appreciated.

2 Likes

Also looks like it’s only ~23" x 20" so not exactly the best footprint for a 6x6 or 5x5 like they say :thinking:
Definitely interested…

2 Likes

If the picture is acurate to the driver it doesnt look good.

Pictured is a x1-100-56 driver. I could only find one reference document bout it but its the right logo/company. Looks like might only be rated for around 100 watts. Assuming the picture is correct is a big assumption though. Maybe 168 watts.

3 Likes

Could be, though they have another model that is 100W as well. Also on sale. It looks like that could be a photo copied from there.

2 Likes