Oranje's Adventures in Vegging

You could give the soil a light misting when lights on and again before they go off, and possibly in between if you are in garden, to keep a nice even dampness through the first few days/week. Have to watch for damping off, so go light but keep the soil moist first.

I’d only let the plant fully dry out, never. :wink:

1 Like

I’ll answer in my veg thread, as I don’t have anything on 12/12 at this exact moment… but I’ll probably flip a couple over next week, because Why Not.

Executive summary, nothing good or exciting is happening in my garden right now :grin:

Longer-but-still-trying-and-failing-to-be-brief version,

The last 10 seedlings I’ve grown to adulthood were all males: impressively bad luck. Four C99s, two Bingo Pajama (Queen Kudra Kush x Appalachia), two Drunken Parrot (NL#5 Noof x Snow Lotus), and two Black Lights (NL#1 x Black Domina). The Drunken Parrots were by far the happiest seedlings of the lot, so I’ve kept the most vigorous of those two males in case I want to make some beans.

As for the plants I still have… be warned that some plant abuse follows. I’ve had to do a lot of traveling over the past couple months, so I’ve basically been treating everything like a houseplant… with mixed results. Starting with the veg tent:

Yeah it’s sad :sob: Everything had a really bad week about a month ago, slowly recovering. That said, two of the plants haven’t been repotted in 6 months, and the Drunken Parrot (back-right) is about a foot too tall for its pot :slight_smile:

Above is my Apollo 11 guinea pig for the TLO soil mix – I actually did a soil test before use, pH looked great and NPK seemed a-ok (highest was N), so I’m not sure if the crispy tips are from over-feeding or deficiency. FWIW, it seems to have slowed down so it might have just been too hot for a transplanted clone.

The not-flowering flower tent is a tad better – the bush in the center is a Blueberry from last summer I never got around to flowering. I chopped back about 75% of both the root ball and branches, transplanted into TLO mix, and have been letting it do its thing… it looks floppy most of the time, but otherwise healthy. Odd. To its right is re-vegged Blueberry from last flower run which I’ll likely clone and cull. Front-right is… another Blueberry, also hacked that one back to regrow but in a different soil mix.

I’ll probably flip two of the Blueberries to 12/12 soon, and throw in a Wreckage and Apollo 11 for the party. Because why not.

Right now, the only thing I have in flower is some white clover, which smells completely amazing:

I threw a few Tahoe OG Kush beans into a paper towel for something new to grow, let’s hope my streak of males is coming to an end :grin:

8 Likes

They will be so happy you have returned.

Babies!

Tahoe OG, 11 / 12 days since breaking soil, haven’t made them mad yet! The bottom-right one is… special. It was twice as tall as the others by the end of the first week and flopped – past couple days it decided to stand on its own, though it’s swinging around like a vine. Shrug.

Probably won’t see the results from these until early fall, but I’m just happy to have seedlings that seem to be growing at a normal pace :grin:

8 Likes

Everybody looks happy and at attention.

Hope they continue to make you happy!

99%

Impressive. I like fighters.

1 Like

all you need is some gravel on the floor and a wooden rake for your tidy japanese-esque no-till weed farm! banzai!

:evergreen_tree:
c.s

1 Like

have you grown tahoe OG before? i will watch this closely, i think i have a pack of tahoe og

Nope, first time, but I have high hopes. They’re doing alright, despite my complete inability to grow from seed :grin: will post some pics this weekend.

4 Likes

There they are – the fourth one was bein’ a bitch so I didn’t bother repotting, but the remaining three are in good spirits and have entered that delightful phase of rapid vegetative growth. I probably won’t get around to flowering them out until August (and will probably end up flowering clones), so don’t get too excited to see this play out :grin:

10 Likes

They look nice and happy. It’s always a pleasure to swing by and check out your garden. Keep on keepin on.

2 Likes

The Tahoe OG have grown a pinch in the past two weeks… probably time for a trim and a topping. I’m considering flipping to 12/12 soon and giving blumats a shot to keep them alive while I’m away in July, but guess I have a couple weeks to decide :grin:

The beast on the right is a male, and has been drinking a liter of water each day. The other two are dainty dames, not quite as thirsty but still impressively vigorous. The dying things in the back are my Blueberries from last summer that flat-out refuse to clone, I’ll probably put them out of their misery soon :sob:

7 Likes

Guys my buds are loose, falling apart, and very dusty. Send halp.

This little friend was on 12/12 for 6 days before being moved into the veg tent, but switching back to 16/8 doesn’t seem to have slowed down its flowering. I have no plans to keep it, but it was such a happy little plant that I wanted to keep it around for a bit longer :grin: Pardon the obvious deficiencies, it needs to be repotted about a month ago…

3 Likes

Yup no prob identifying that even with my diminishing close vision. The clusters of bollocks give it away somewhat :laughing:

1 Like

I’m getting that trait in my NL half albino leafs. Cool stuff. The early BB seedlings are already deformed.