Organic increase in trichomes in last 3 weeks?

Low humidity is supposed to lead to higher trichome production. I can’t get mine below 60%, but I think 40% or even less during the last weeks helps.

1 Like

Wood ash works great, but you need them to get rained on first or they are too strong. I used to take a squeezed handful and put it in a gallon of water Shake It Up, and water the plants. Might not be a good idea if your soil is alkaline. Ours is generally acidic where I live, running between 5 1/2 and 6 and 1/2. What ashes will raise the pH of soil

Say you want to take some lump charcoal and turn it into biochar, should you soak it a few times before hand to lower the ph?

it’s called potash because Romans used to make it by roasting wood in a pot.

2 Likes

Can you turn charcoal into biochar? I suppose they are similar but are they exact? Biochar is made by burning wood slowly with low oxygen supplies. Often a fire is started, and then once it’s burning well it is buried. Or a bunch of wood is placed in a large can with some holes drilled in the side of it and left to burn slowly…
I get it from my woodstove.

Look into insect frass.

March 20 before the lights come on, brought 'em

out 20 minutes early

2 Likes

Second pic from bottom is the tree, it’s a sideways picture for some reason, I guess I turned the phone to cram it in. It’s tough to photograph trichomes

If you are growing in a living soil, there is a magic bullet for what you are seeking. Malted barley.
Top dressing with malted barley will not only seriously increase trich production, but will also shave some of your finishing time off.
Do some research on it and give it a go. I promise you will not be disappointed.

2 Likes

Big thanks on the malted barley, knew I was forgetting something!

1 Like