Organic Oasis legal gardens

Loving the purple, so nice x Mechelle x

1 Like

harvest party is finally over, I found this mysterious bundle of sticks outside the tent.

two plants in the next crop have hit week 3 1/2. Space Candy clone

Orange Hill Special cross, the shortest plant ever, it grows sideways, not upwards

9 Likes

Looks like a Bud Beaver dam, :laughing: .

2 Likes

week 5 is tomorrow, Horkle is starting to fatten, lovechild of TGA and Dutch Passion

9 Likes

Agent Orange cross

Space Candy top colas bleached when I again forgot to start 48" from the light

9 Likes

which fixture is that? must be powerful! some of my tops only have 6-12" clearance atm

3 Likes

It’s P.L. Light Hortiled. When they move to flowering you have to start at 48" but they harden off in time. Last time the tops reached 15 inches away without bleaching, after slowly growing into the light. But if you start them too close, even 30-40" they can bleach. maybe it’s the combination of intensity and shifting to 80% red spectrum from a full-spectrum veg light.

3 Likes

Beautiful hybrids. You always grow perfect specimens. That bleaching effect is bizarre.

1 Like

thanks! The bleaching doesn’t really affect anything other than aesthetic value. It’s annoying because it occurs right at the start of flower but it’s in your face until harvest as a reminder “you fucked up”. :smile:

It took me a year to figure out that it happens at the beginning. When you harvest a crop the tops are only 2 feet from the lamp and everything’s fine, so I bring the next crop in and move them close to the light, it seems right. But you have to start them way down low and let them grow up. I found this on the Kind Led website, this advice is spot-on for my lights too:

When first introducing LED lights to new plants and clones, it is recommended that the intensity be turned down to 50% (on the K5 series) or that the light be hung 48” or more for the first 3-4 days. After this initial break in period, we then suggest lowering the light 4-6” every couple of days until the desired height is achieved.

6 Likes

just past 6 weeks now, day 44 update. Fan leaves have begun the fade-out. OHS X Hurkle looking and smelling good, but starting to throw some nanners, meaning the seeds w/ Cookies will be bird food :disappointed_relieved:

Space Candy

Agent Orange Cross

9 Likes

Great info @Muleskinner. Gonna log it in my “big red book of acquired knowledge.” Much respect! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Not all LEDs are like this, these are red/blue diode lights and narrow beam angle - 80 degrees. Something like Fluence w/ 120 degree angle and broad spectrum is more forgiving, Solstrips, etc, they are designed to be closer to the canopy. But even these can be close if you do it slowly, closer than my 600w HPS for sure.

3 Likes

interesting colors developing on this one at day 48, must be the Querkle influence. The leaves aren’t crispy and brittle yet, but are still changing color.

9 Likes

trimmed up the Agent Orange cross today, perfumey scent of orange and hazelnut coffee

13 Likes

Orange Hill Special X Hurkle came down today, super compact and leafy, with big flowers hidden in the leaves. Smells more grape than orange.

13 Likes

It’s been a minute since I’ve stopped by the oasis. Looks like you’re rocking right along. Those look like some nice fat buds on that OHS x Hurkle cross.

1 Like

here is the Space Candy. Yielded a little low because I didn’t have time to veg it properly. Still managed to get pretty big, nice calyx-to-leaf ratio and purple color. still bearing the scars of “photoacclimation” unfortunately.

Oasis is shutting down for the summer to avoid the bugs! Will start a new thread a few months.

12 Likes

Looks tasty my friend.

Keep us posted.

1 Like

Loving your girls . Looks so amazing. Good luck x Mechelle x

1 Like

Dynasty “Crater Lake” in the house! Abstinence didn’t work out so well. :smiley: Set up a veg tent for summer action…sealed everything but the bug-screened intake vents…turned the Hortiled spaceship down to 70 watts…

11 Likes