Ottafish’s Organic Indoor/Outdoor Endeavors

The Outdoor plants are looking great, bro, some really nice trees!
The tent is booming I can spot that Tropical Fuel right off, it’s such beauties! :heart_eyes:

The Molokai Frost surprises me. I know she’s a Hawiian landrace but I thought it had some indica genetics in its background somewhere down the line. But I can see she is acting more like a pure sativa. We haven’t had the chance to grow her yet, unfortunately.

I hope you don’t loose to much yield on the others by going 10/14 I just hope it’s worth all the trouble, bro!

3 Likes

Oh I’m not worried about the yield at all. I enjoy the growing part more than anything. I think this one may be leaning harder towards the Sativa side I’m not sure. I have 5 others outside that I will finish flowering inside. I guess we’ll see then if they vary. But really I don’t think they should too much. Molokai Frost has been around forever so I’m guessing they’ll be pretty uniform. They are as of right now. They all have a minty/skunk type smell on the stem rub. I think these type of plants need a certain amount of time to mature is maybe what’s going on. I bet if they were started from a clone the flowering would start sooner.

2 Likes

Here’s my soil recipe for anyone who is interested in trying the Organic route. Not all these amendments are necessary. This is what I’ve come up with over the years with help from friends and lots of reading online. It seems to work fantastic . Most of these items can be found at a feed store, grow store, or can be ordered online from concentratesNW, buildasoil, or KIS organics. I buy them in the 50lb sacks at ConcentratesNW because I live close by. It’s far cheaper that way. If one bought this stuff just for tent grows they’d be set for the rest of their life most likely. You’d just send in a soil test at the end of each grow and amend as necessary. Once you do enough grows you’ll probably just know what to amend with and could do the tests less frequently. You can water only with this recipe if you have a big enough container. I prefer a bed. I like to give 1 tea per week mainly for enzymes and to feed the biology in the soil. I also give a little boost of gypsum and potassium a few times during flower.

• [ ] Recipe is per Bale of peat which is approximately 7 CU FT to this I add 7 CU FT Aeration, and 7 CU FT worm castings
  • [ ] Amendments are in cups
  • [ ] 6- fish bone meal
  • [ ] 6-fish meal
  • [ ] 6-crab meal
  • [ ] 6-feather meal
  • [ ] 6- meal worm frass
  • [ ] 6- BSF frass
  • [ ] 6-kelp
  • [ ] 6-neem/karanja/
  • [ ] 6-alfalfa
  • [ ] 6-oyster she’ll flour
  • [ ] 6-gypsum
  • [ ] 6-lime
  • [ ] 6- rock phosphate
  • [ ] 1/2 potassium phosphate
  • [ ] 20 basalt
  • [ ] 10 greensand
  • [ ] 10 diatomaceous earth
  • [ ] 8 biochar
  • [ ] 10 humic
  • [ ] Silica

Optional items

• [ ] 20- barley
  • [ ] 20- wheat bran
  • [ ] 20- beet pulp
  • [ ] 20-land manure

Pumice is what you want for aeration I’d say 5 CU FT and I like to add 2 CU FT of vermiculite because of its high cation exchange capacity.

Hopefully you can find a local source of earth worm castings, that have been soil tested, these need to be high quality. It’s much cheaper to buy bulk than from a grow store. Do everything you can to avoid those places. The prices are jacked up.

9 Likes

Uploading: image.jpg…

Velvet Lakes from Robinhood Seeds. These two are just starting to take off.

10 Likes

Chimera #3 These are some leggy plants for sure. It’s some of the dankest looking buds around right now so I had to snatch some up. They need to hurry up so I can grab some clones before flower.

7 Likes

Here’s some of my Sour Bubbles. These are going to be used to make more seeds and harvest some pollen.

8 Likes

Here’s the Molokai Frost with the Sour Bubble to illustrate morphology differences.

8 Likes

The Nana Glue plants and one Ghost Train Haze are reaching for the sky!

13 Likes

Tropical Fuel decided it wanted to go back into veg after immediately starting to flower when I put it outside a few months ago. I pollinated it two different times as well. I’m wondering if it will abort the seeds or if they will still be viable.

9 Likes

Black Strawberry Preserve

7 Likes

Paonia Purple Paralyzer. Everything is just starting to snap out of shock from being in small pots for a long time. They’re finally starting to get healthy.

9 Likes

My little Grove of Orange Grove.

8 Likes

Love the garden bro! Best of luck on the outcome.
:peace_symbol::heart:

5 Likes

Thanks man! I’ve been doing this a long time. I should get plenty of buds and lots of seeds. Which is the main goal.

7 Likes

Lots of variety and vigour outdoors there Otta looking great mate. It is crazy the differences in the Molokai and Sour leaf structure razor and fatty lol. The worms are working on my next batch of compost to reamend when your beans arrive, thanks again bud :sunglasses:

1 Like

That’s awesome dude! The worm farming is a lot of fun! I get a lot of satisfaction out of attempting to make castings. I may even try and sell the worms at some point. They go for 40 dollars a pound and are always sold out.
I’ve never grown a pure landrace Sativa. It’s going to be cool to see what type of high and buds come out of it! I’ve definitely never grown a plant like this with tiny skinny leafs.

3 Likes

I’m on my planning for a worm farm here as well! I watched plenty of youtube stuff…Is it as easy as it looks?
Wormcast here in the local shop is 5euro for 5 liters.
A pound is about a half kg, correct?
That pricing is crazy!

5 Likes

Yeah it’s expensive for sure!

2 Likes

Hey man just found this thread! Not sure where I’ve been, just wandering around high I guess. Dig the big bags, dirt methods, blumats, worm farm and all the rest. Do you use the xl blumats for the big bag or standard?

3 Likes

Here is a link to RIU’s vermicompost mega thread
https://www.rollitup.org/t/vermicomposters-unite-official-worm-farmers-thread.637587/

Fresh homemade EWC is magic!

5 Likes