🕊 Outdoor Adventures with your Friendly Neighbourhood Pigeonman 2024 Edition!

WTG @Pigeonman, wishing you the best for success! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::ok_hand::crossed_fingers::four_leaf_clover::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

IMG_5744

IMG_5745

6 Likes

Hey @Pigeonman . I have a tiny little Shishkaberry plant growing outside. I got a late start on it.

14 Likes

@FirstCavApache64 , @420noob , @defharo , @OhNo555 thanks so much for the support!

I hope to record it and share it somehow :crossed_fingers:

@Magu

ezgif.com-optimize(3)

14 Likes

Brutal sun mixing outside to feed the ladies this am! I’m expecting some interesting boost of growth over the next week because:

2 gallons water (8L)
1/4 cup Alaska Fish Fertilizer (7.5ml per L)
60ml Humate K (7.5ml per L)
20ml HydroSik (2.5ml per L)
20ml Guanomite (2.5ml per L)
10ml Cal-Mag 1.0.0 (1.25ml per L)
5ml B-52 (0.6ml per L)

I slow soaked versus my usual hard water in the week so it took a while to get each plant done with each 2 gal batch made up one at a time. It takes forever but the result is all the goodness fully saturates the root mass and doesn’t have much of any run-off waste.

Mrs P took some shots of me mixing but her card reader died do I’ll have to share them later on when we get her a new one. :+1:

Additionally I’m working on an experiment with insect frass…

100g insect frass
25g KOH
1000ml filtered water

The mass is very dense, slightly soapy and yet glutenous! :face_vomiting:

The goal was to make a water soluble frass for the Chitin in it as an insect resistance booster + bud booster… right now I’ll be calling it: “Insect Jelly” and will do a test run with a small plant at 5ml / L of water. :sweat_smile:

On a picture related note check out the surprise plants from the compost heap!

Looks like i’m gonna have a lot of hash-making to do in the winter. :rofl:

18 Likes

18 Likes

You have a lion in your yard. Cool

7 Likes

That is a majestic cat! :heart_eyes: :smiley_cat:

5 Likes

26 Likes

Beautiful! I miss being able to walk around outside barefoot. Here it is all hot sand, goat heads, and thorns lol.

That’s a Frankie in last pic right? Wow!

10 Likes

Thanks @420noob ! Yes that’s Frankie 1 of 2 :smiley:

6 Likes

Now thats a Boss overlooking his Terrain !!

Morning @Pigeonman and Best Wishes this Friday for your Grand Opening !

6 Likes

I took some shots last night when giving the ladies their evening watering.

Florida Ditch Weed:

Shiskaberry 3F2: (@SHSC-1 & @PineTarBastard )

Frankenstein: (@JohnnyPotseed )

Sour Diesel: Danny T Cut: (@DannyTerpintine )

Limed Orange: (@DannyTerpintine )

UK Cheese:

Coastal Blueberry: (@SHSC-1 )

Frankenstein: (@JohnnyPotseed )

Alaska Thunderfuck (@middleman & @Enjoi802)

Heathcliff watches me do this from the Hügelkultur pile which is 1/2 covered in flowering catnip :rofl:

However he’s often to high from the 'nip to stay alert :heart_eyes_cat:

I added a tree to our pond! This one is a local bird favourite: Service Berry.

It’ll make a nice canopy for shade and food for them birdos!

And finally before I head out to work, our tiny-as-fuck Hazelnut trees are producing?!

All the best everyone! Have as good of a Wednesday as Wednesday will allow!

:hugs:

32 Likes

I have some medicinal bread seed poppy seeds, I’d happily share some @420noob . If I can find them that is. :sunglasses:

Oh- there should be some seed pods in my garden if they’re ready.

Your backyard always amazes me @Pigeonman everything looks so gorgeous. And heathcliff is just adorable per usual. - I had a cat named Riff raff, to fit in with the heathcliff theme. :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Nice! Shots look great. :herb:

5 Likes

I’m loving-it that HeathCliff is right in the Nip !!! Your plants are looking amazing as a matter of Fact @Pigeonman

5 Likes

Very cool. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen hazelnuts at that stage of their growth, with that sheath surrounding the nut. :+1:

Your yard is just so amazing!

7 Likes

got to love the volunteers. i had a hand full of them show up this year too. first time this has ever taken place for me in all my years of growing.

plants and gardens rock’en as always. hard to believe end of july is here already. :unamused:

spring and summer move so fast compared to the winter months, that seem like slow motion.

still a couple / few month to enjoy our outdoor grows and looking forward to harvest time.

4 Likes

Thanks so much everyone! :hugs:

@mota this is the first year they are producing so I assume it’s normal for the sheath.

Nice! Were they from seeds or from living root masses? The ones in my heap are from winter roots and the Florida Ditch Weed plant was a volunteer from seed. :smiley:

6 Likes

from seed looks like 5 girls and 2 boys. i will cull the boys and let the girls go. will send pic when i get the chance.

thought you and @mota might like a look at this

7 Likes

That’s very cool! Thank you so much, @mainerJ, for posting it! :+1:

4 Likes