🕊 Outdoor Adventures with your Friendly Neighbourhood Pigeonman 2024 Edition!

I’m so sorry you’re having to deal with such shitty times. Sending out positive vibes for you friend! You’re a good man. That shit is tough. I’ve had 3 relatives have strokes. 2 happened in front of me. Thankfully my dad made a full recovery. :heart:

Our strength is behind you friend. 🫂

10 Likes

@Pigeonman , that’s a tough situation to be dealing with man. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

The Garden looks amazing !!!

9 Likes

So sorry for your sister’s situation. Support from family members is very very important. I’m sending positive thoughts your way. :pray:

6 Likes

Prayers said and sending positive support your way. Hopefully they can sort your BIL out.

5 Likes

Thank you everyone.

@SHSC-1 my garden ia my therapy so when its this nice you know i’m stressed. :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

Your garden is my therapy too. Always good vibes when I look at your posts.
@Tlander is the same for me, always busy upbeat posts.
You guys give me incentive to make my garden better. :v:

6 Likes

first thing you see entering the garden.

9bfd606e7d1bf63ebc1f17621e40f7828e9b5d8f_2_375x500

sending our blessings and prayers to you and your family.

12 Likes

Man this is terrible. Nothing I can say that hasn’t been said but good vibes and good energy to you and yours growmie.

5 Likes

The plant ladies this morning helping me keep sane through all of this.

And the Florida Ditch Weed looks like its gonna be the Pinkeye of the Tiger cut!

26 Likes

Hats off to You and your Grit @Pigeonman.

There is only 1 person that can be there for Her !!! And You are doing it the only way possible Buddy.

Sending you a bunch of the positive stuff K.

10 Likes

Do yourself a favour and listen to this!

13 Likes

That was a Great listen!

Gotta love those Confirming dialogues @Pigeonman ! Funny that the Scientific Proof(s) that they keep referring to, were all confirmed and accepted in the 60’s. MMS

@defharo is all over that Baby! Lol

5 Likes

Absolutely! They also did a talk about fulvic and humic acida that was facinating. Will look and post.

@defharo 's method is exaclt what the bif boys do, but interestingly enough we are actually weakening some of the humalites magix properties by breaking it down!

Yes it makes it soluble but i’m now also determkned to find a way to break the stuff down to as fine of a particle as possible and then test it out as a dry super-soil ammendment!

Fun fact: if we dont mix the humates with nitrogen ferts in the solution to be applied we actually risk a lock out of nitrogen @MissinBissin !

If we add the humate naked it will bond and absorb with the available nitrogen available in the soil making it unavalable for the plant. By mixing it with nitrogen in our feed it bonds with that and then after aplication makes the added nitrogen boost thw curent

This is a rough as fuck explaination but you get it.

I wanna make a mycroryzzah (root fungus i cant wven spell) soil mix where i combine:

Humalite flour
Azomite flour
Trace element flour (yes i have this)
Earth worm castings
Peat

Heres the other webinar:

8 Likes

Good morning @Pigeonman and to the rest of the viewers as well, I have seen the complete video on humic and fulvic acids. Does everything they say there sound familiar to you?
Some considerations on my part:

There is no degradation, nor loss of elements if, in addition, we use the sediment left by the Humate, as a substrate mixture.

This is a mistake, because raw Humalite mixed with the substrate retains nitrogen, because its use increases the water retention capacity of the substrate, which means that the loss of nitrogen through leaching decreases. In short, it does not consume nitrogen, but rather retains it in the substrate for the plant to consume.

In the case of soluble Humate, any nutrient added to the irrigation mixture with Humate will see its action increased by the absorption capacity of those same nutrients. This part is well explained in the video.
One of the nutrients responsible for the capture/absorption of nutrients is the imatomelanic acids, present in Humalite and which the video does not mention.

I suppose you are talking about substrate mixtures:
It is not necessary to make flour from Humalite, I think that for this use it is better to leave it as it comes originally, because by watering with Humate we already get the best distribution of Humic acids, etc., in the substrate.

I would reserve this Trace Element Flour for dry amendment mixtures that I would add to the substrate during cultivation.

We accelerate the solubility of humic acids with KOH, to use the benefits of this substance immediately, and efficiently distribute the material throughout the soil, accelerating the improvement and structuring of that substrate, water retention, etc.

But in the end what really makes the difference, in time and efficiency, of the decomposition and absorption of nutrients and the chelation of minerals present in the substrates, is the microbial life present in that soil.

For example, in the case of humalite or leonardite in the substrate, the process of availability of humic acids, which are not soluble in water, and if only humidity is available, will never be incorporated into the substrate, but in a natural/forest environment where there is a lot of microbial life, the decomposition of these minerals and others is accelerated, but in the case of Humalite, Azomite, Basalt, etc. it will take an average of 2 years to be completely available.

I, between the massive and constant inoculation of Activated Mountain Microorganisms and etc. In liquid form, present in all my Bio Fertilizers, and with the invaluable help of Mulch where through the constant addition of organic matter I achieve an extraordinary habitat for microbial life, food, humidity and shade, is all that microbes need to be happy and work hard to disintegrate all the organic matter that I add to the mulch, I have observed a thousand times how in a matter of days the leaves and other dry materials that I add to the mulch disintegrate, the sticks and stems disappear in a season, and in exchange I obtain a humified mulch loaded with microbiology that I harvest and transfer to the new pots of the following season.

Likewise, when I add dry amendment mixes to the substrate (various guanos, various flours, algae, etc.), I do it 5-6 times during a crop, I always add this type of material on top, mixing it with the mulch (gourmet food for microbes :rofl:), the dissolution of these materials is guaranteed in time and manner.

I have to say that I only grow in pots indoors, and I try to speed up all the processes to get high yields, taking into account the enormous limitation, for the roots, of the pots and the accelerated cultivation time, with respect to outdoor crops, for me, it is more difficult to grow in pots than in soil, but the same concepts explained above and applied to outdoor plants, can only give monstrous phenotypes… Is this what it is about, right?

Have a nice weekend everyone!

12 Likes

Sun is setting, I’m burnt out both mentally and physically but onward we trudge as the ladies are loving live and starting to stack. :+1:

So let’s set a better mood:

There we go… now let’s go into the garden.

Shiskaberry 3F2: (@SHSC-1 & @PineTarBastard )

Sour Diesel: Danny T Cut: (@DannyTerpintine )

Florida Ditch Weed: Pink Eye of the Tiger Cut:

Frankenstein (@JohnnyPotseed )

Coastal Blueberry (@SHSC-1 )

Limed-Orange: (@DannyTerpintine )

Frankenstein (@JohnnyPotseed )

JPS, this Frankie is fucking dense*; here’s an average branch!

UK Cheese:

Alaskan Thunderfuck (@middleman & @Enjoi802)

Jew Gold 1974, Mendo Breath, Limed Orange, Sour Diesel, Cap Junkie.

Mrs. Pigeon makes little cozy boxes for the feral cats out of the various to our door parcels and dollar store tablecloths for insulation.

Heathcliff loved the fuck outa this new one right away.

He’s so cozy he’s as asleep as the lil fuzz-muffin gets when not in total cover. :heart_eyes_cat:

Back to the topic of plants, I must share the compost heap freebies. I was going to turn over the heap when I noticed these plants growing from the mound and from closer inspection it was from indoor run roots late spring…

So I think these are from the Yogi F2 seed run and they are MASSIVE growing in 3 year old compost! :star_struck:

One of them is so light starved is way along in flower by comparison to the bigger plants.

All in all they are on auto pilot not being fed except for the solid material left-overs from my humic, silica, and guano water soluble formulations made with the guiding advice from @defharo .

Now for a bird-bath of tea, this time round Lapsang Suchong which is nice and smokey black tea.

I’ll try to post more since it’s week 3 of the constant time at the hospital with my sis. Today was a physical and mental rest day so I was able to do some much needed puttering and take some garden photos.

Thanks for popping in folks and hope y’all have a great night!

:v:

32 Likes

Amazing garden, and a very nice variety.
Nice to see the milk jug crates, I thought all people in your province were bagged milk lovers like that @Foreigner guy. :laughing:

11 Likes

I always look :eyes: forward to I seeing you post garden 🪴 pictures, nice to see the cat :cat2: resting! :joy::joy::joy::wink::blush::facepunch::+1::sunglasses::v:

6 Likes

Thanks @chronix & @OhNo555 !

The weather is being bi-polar!

:man_shrugging:

9 Likes

Thank you @defharo for taking the time to reason that one out for Us!

2 Likes

Morning and Thanks for that Giggle @Pigeonman.

I just Hit “play” on the tunes, and I’m joining You IN the Virtual Garden !

Puff Puff Pass & Good Morning !!!

3 Likes