Outdoor grillers/smokers/cookers unite

I do the same thing on all of my camping trips, just take the grill top off and throw it on a campfire. Log cabin style fires are great for this if the first 2 logs are large and unsplit with the bark still on. The rest of the wood burns down to a nice coal bed while leaving the standing logs intact to throw the grill top on.

5 Likes

I think my wife started to feel sorry for me so she bought me this for my birthday

16 Likes

Right on!! Sounds like you found a stellar wifey🙌🏽

3 Likes

Nice one…we grilled these for dinner(lunch) today…

14 Likes

Old school grill. I liked those.

4 Likes

:drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

There you go again Phil!!! Even have a handle on em!!!

4 Likes

Eating chops like a fuckin man! Lol

2 Likes

We had this with our chops…sea grape salad…

8 Likes

I love the regular seaweed salad is it anything like that?

a view with the lid open

10 Likes

Yeah, it’s really good…and it does have a mild briney/salty taste and I love it…I got my veggie garden all done and I also got all my homemade burgers done too…You cant beat a homemade burger folks…

7 Likes

Damn, I gain a lot of weight on this thread. The 1st thing on my new Kamado will be ribs tomorrow. Low and slow. Going to try and do a chain with the charcoal.

4 Likes

Where do you get sea grape salad from?

1 Like

They have them at Walmart but I got mine at ebay…

3 Likes

My maiden voyage

11 Likes

With corn on the side

16 Likes

@THCeed still having a hard time getting away from old school cooking…I’m cooking on my camp stove and iron skillet tonight…and having a small bon fire on the side…

11 Likes

Lookin’ good!

4 Likes

Sure smells great. Here we go…

18 Likes

Dang this thread is full of goodies, i had to share mine

:fire:

:upside_down_face:

:money_mouth_face:

14 Likes

@PhilCuisine I dig your style dude… your welcome in my camp anytime.

@THCeed how did your fist run go, did you have any issue with maintaining a proper temp? I’m gonna toss some charcoal in my egg and see what temps do…

4 Likes