Outdoor grillers/smokers/cookers unite

Ready

10 Likes

Today’s smoking protein… Brisket!

11 Likes

I’m gonna smoke/grill tomorrow and I have a whole chicken & pork belly…today is just too perfect of a day to do anything, its 75 degrees…tomorrow its gonna be in the mid 80’s and Monday in the 90’s…

6 Likes

Some for slicing, some for open faced brisket sandwiches, bbq brisket, and beef and noodles

13 Likes

Looks great my friend…I have my pork belly marinating right now and I’m going to spatchcock/butterfly my chicken for the smoker…I also washed and prepared my asparagus and chopped up some mirepoix for my pancit dish…all the hard work is done so all I have to do is put things together tomorrow…

Also got my pizza toppings already for this wknd.

11 Likes

I’m ready to smoke some weed. @PhilCuisine damn it man. Cars food and weed. Do you need a nabor? Peace bro

6 Likes

Nice gadget, it should work for cold smoking…I remember making an electric smoker 20 years ago out of a new metal garage can that I bought at Blaine’s farm & fleet…the heating element that I used was an electric hot plate and it worked pretty damn good…

I was thinking that I could use an electric hot plate and put it in my old school bullet smoker. I can use an old tuna can and fill it with pellets and put it on the hot plate and it should work…I can set the hot plate at medium/medium high or so, the hot plate should keep the temps at a steady temperature…

My chicken is ready for the smoker…

Pork belly marinating

Decided to toss these halibut collars in my smoker too…

12 Likes

Enjoying a smoke of BC Mango, about to throw down some skewers.

19 Likes

I plan on getting some kosher salt to smoke. Mmmmm good.

4 Likes

Happy Memorial’s Day to all the outdoor chefs…Glad I did my cookout yesterday it was a beautiful day…today I was invited to a cookout then I’m going to the bar with air conditioning…its suppose to be in the 90’s, too hot for me to be cooking out…

Smoked to perfection…pork belly, chicken and halibut collars…

Also had a pizza in the smoker after the pork belly/chicken…I added just a few wood chips and my smoked pizza actually tasted very good…first time having smoked pizza…

Old school temperature gauge, low and slow…

15 Likes

We went fishing at the 4-Day Ascension Weekend(FathersDay over here)…

…not that much fishing success…

…but we cooked a yummy PorkRoast…

20 Likes

basting sauce. some double dip the chicken or ribs…but not beef.

Table sauce

240 to about 255

Orange blossom. It does need a bit of red wine vinegar too.

only way to eat them :slight_smile:

I have a Weber Kettle and a charcoal chimney atm About to add a temperature gauge It does good stuff I like the flavors from the different woods. Pecan , hickory, Black Jack Oak , applewood all add something different.

9 Likes

That area you’re in looks so nice and peaceful, no crowds…Happy Father’s Day bromigos…

5 Likes

one of the Boys came with a froozen Rabbit…

…and we made it also in the Caultron…

…with the leftover Marinade(from the steaks,we ate a day ago)…

…we only added water and white Wine…

…it was more delicious than expected…

in Lack of Fireplaces,we decided to eat it with bread :yum:

15 Likes

Thanks! it´s Elbe River,eastern Germany. it´s a quiet Place,just a few Boating Peeps on the River

7 Likes

I like your style of cooking outside my friend, I have a tripod grill for the outdoors…it’s an old picture…

13 Likes

I used to have a brinkman smoke and grill. Those bullet smokers are the best. I got my used for free( it was missing a part or two . i bought a new grate for the top and rigged it up. worked good for many years. those chimneys i start my coals in them, never thougth to add a grate and cook on it. quite ingenious.

4 Likes

when out fishing,we use to grill on an selfmade bucket…

…but with 3 chains(we missed at home these time)it can be hung under the tripod …
…or we go the most simple way to grill some meat…

15 Likes

I love cooking the old school way…that last picture of meat is perfectly done…there’s nothing wrong with having fancy grills/smokers but I just love cooking like in the way back days…What I would like do do is build me a 4x4 smoke shack, which is simple to build…

13 Likes

Cool looking stuff @saxo! Reminds me of some cool times. It’s so dry around here most years, that outdoor fires are forbidden. Where I grew up, was much more like your area, very green and rainy at times. Happy summer!

7 Likes