Outdoor grillers/smokers/cookers unite

I will be cooking outdoors all this week…the only cooking indoors will be done in my crock pot, I refuse to use my oven/stove when I have my central air on…mid 90’s+ degrees and humid all week folks.

Last nights supper at my buddy’s place…

10 Likes

Smoked goose that I shot last season…

14 Likes

mighty fine looking ribeyes there!! that cap is primo!
whats the glaze on the goose? That looks great too!

3 Likes

How is goose? Like duck greasy?

2 Likes

Great thread by the way, im going to run out of likes going thru it :slight_smile:
im going to hang out right here from now on :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Wow that looks killer can’t say I’ve ever tried goose I’m guessing it’s similar to duck? @PhilCuisine

1 Like

I’m a hunter so they only cost me a permit/hunting license

Honey orange glaze

Goose is great and can be greasy…btw, goose fat is good for you…I save my goose fat and use it to fry up some potatoes etc…

Or you can buy a whole goose online

8 Likes

Haha that’s like when I see Venison at the fancy butchers and it’s like 15$ a lb. I’m always like, wow, I’m rich just because I harvest 2-3 whitetail a year :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I like the goose. Have you made the prosciutto out of it?

2 Likes

No, I’ve never have…

https://www.blackwellsfarmproduce.co.uk/goose-fat-benefits/#:~:text=Goose%20Fat%20is%20high%20in,can%20lower%20blood%20cholesterol%20levels.

2 Likes

I am showing up in here, hopefully tomorrow

Got some bluefish brining

9 Likes

I have 2 friends who are certified butchers and 1 of them called and asked me if I wanted any chuck eye steaks, fuckin aye right was my respond…this info is for people who don’t know…if cut 1 inch thick there’s only 4 steaks from each side of the whole beef…

Poor man’s rib eye aka: chuck eye…

When you look at the chuck eye, it closely resembles the ribeye. Usually any cut of meat from the shoulder is going to be tough, but the chuck eye is an exception.

Because of the similarities to the highly coveted ribeye, butchers took this “secret” cut of meat home for their families.

9 Likes

OH MY GOODY’NESS. Lol

2 Likes

I ran out of hickory chips to smoke with. So today’s flavor is “shed big bud” :rofl:

8 Likes

Just remember to soak it for a minimum 1 hour

2 Likes

Haha no way, I bet that smoke smells Hella good

That’s like Christmas come early, wow!

1 Like

11 Likes

That sure sounds right up my alley

2 Likes

Fried up some smelts outdoors on my camp stove this afternoon because I didn’t want to stink up the house and it was delish as always…

12 Likes