Outdoor grillers/smokers/cookers unite

This weekends treats. Nothing fancy, just good eats.
Chicken yesterday and a roast today with some halftime sausages.

17 Likes

Yes folks, I eat carp when its marinated and grilled…been eating them since I was a kid…

13 Likes

Whats the marinade?

3 Likes

Oxtails and smoked sausage. Second time cooking in this black pot, and I love it.

13 Likes

Apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, black pepper is what I used on the carp…marinate over night…or you can use any store bought marinade…

Also cooked this outside…

13 Likes

Tonights supper, stuffed portabello and peppers…

13 Likes

In a couple of weeks I’ll have some seafood pictures. If I don’t get ran over. Lol

1 Like

Ran over?! By a boat, you must be speaking of lobster season.

1 Like

Carp is much better than its reputation…we use to eat it panfried,grilled,smoked or even cooked(karpfen blau). smoked is my fav, we use to eat the cooked version(Karpfen Blau) as an New Year Eve Dinner…since i was a kid,its tradition kinda

3 Likes

Carp is also a very big deal across the big pond, they have carp fishing tournaments…Outdoor cooking at its finest…no fancy grills/smokers needed.

17 Likes

@PhilCuisine did you catch the carp?

Smoked this overnight Friday night into Saturday morning. Smoked on the weber Kettle for ~14hrs. Rested in a cooler before serving. Turned out amazing

15 Likes

Of course I did…I would never buy carp when its readily available in my towns lake…I got some chicken in my gas grill right now and will post pictures when it’s done folks…it looks like the rain is done for the week…

6 Likes

Butterflied leg of lamb on 225f… Getting some asparagus ready to go with it…

16 Likes

Made some dirty burgers on the traeger.

Teriyaki sauced pineapple, fried onions, havarti and thick cut bacon. Cooked with hickory smoke!

20 Likes

Awe man! That looks awesome!

5 Likes

It tasted amazing, been a long time since I fired up the traeger. I just wish the patties didn’t shrink so much!

7 Likes

Make them bigger and flatter. Still looks great to me. I love some good pineapple. I’m so basic with hamburgers just cheese and ketchup. I like to cut it in half. And dip my hamburger in the ketchup. I do like an egg on my hamburger.

5 Likes

Yea I underestimated lol was trying for 4 burgers should have just made 2. But now I’ve got leftovers! I may try making weed cookies on it one day

4 Likes

I know a guy that makes fried fish balls with Asian carp, they’re awesome. Bakes the fish first to then peel it off the bones and uses a crab cake recipe to make the fish balls that he then flash fries. Flying fish balls!

7 Likes

My low and slow chicken thighs…

12 Likes