Outdoor grillers/smokers/cookers unite

And never ever throw away fish cheeks :yum:

4 Likes

Salmon heads and Halibut collars smoked…did someone mention fish cheeks?

9 Likes

Smoores count, right?

12 Likes

Why wouldn’t it? Unless you had a bon fire indoors, suppose to be a hot day today so we fired up the grill now for dinner(lunch)…

8 Likes

I just realized I spelled it like the makers of Ccell carts :laughing: should’ve been “s’mores”

Is that pork or beef? Looks fantastic!

2 Likes

Pork, this is my last goose and nuisance goose season starts next week folks…too lazy to smoke so I just shoved it in a crock pot early this morning…meat is falling off the bones and it will certainly make a lot of goose tacos for the bar later on today…again the bones will be made into goose n bean soup…btw, cooked outside.

8 Likes

Have you ever used one of those spring loaded tenderizers with like 100 tiny stabbing knives? I can’t remember what they’re called…helps the brine penetrate too

1 Like

Nope, I’m not really one of those fancy gadgets guy when a fork will do…using a fork will do the same thing and it won’t clutter up my kitchen cabinets/drawers…heres a goose that I cooked a month ago in my smoker.

6 Likes

Hey I grill 60 pounds of beef n chicken for my dogs every single week . Does that count?? I use a large electric smoker but no chips just heat . :grinning:

1 Like

The thread title is Outdoor grillers/smokers/cookers unite…I don’t see why not…I give a lot of my cooked outdoor foods to my dogs also…

Who’s grilling this Labor Day weekend? I know I will be grilling every day just not sure what to grill yet…

6 Likes

Nothing fancy…

10 Likes

Those fish look delicious Phil. Pompano on the right, yeah? What’s on the left if you don’t mind me asking. Whole grilled fish is hard to beat! Much love

1 Like

Yes its Pompano & Tilapia

1 Like

My rancher buddy called me Friday afternoon and ask if wanted a free small hog and of course I said yes, I couldn’t pass up a free hog…we butchered it yesterday and today we started roasting it at 9am…Happy Memorial wknd. folks…

9 Likes

That looks delicious as well. Username definitely checks out, Phil you sure know your Cuisine!

What kind of spices or seasoning do you do with something like this? I’ve never roasted a whole hog before. Any tips or advice for a novice? Much love

2 Likes

Fire up that caja china!!! Yumm!!!

@Sbeanonnamellow some mojo criollo, sour oranges, naranja agria.( in a cooler for a few days!)

1 Like

You can season it anyway you want to, there are no set rules…the only thing I can say is if you butterfly your hog it will cook faster

My china box is still in my garage…A farmer buddy wanted to buy mine but I said no it’s not for sale so he ended up buying an off brand…It really doesn’t matter what brand it is because its still the same principle…this is his first time he’s used his China box, he did a great at it…
I also told him come Thanksgiving time he can roast at least 10 turkeys at one time to give out to people who are less fortunate…my buddy and I did that when I lived in the big city…

2 Likes

Phil, aren’t you in Chicago, or somewhere close? Where’d you get a Pompano? And, it looks like a big one too. We catch them in the surf, right on the beach… and they are deelicious

3 Likes

I used to live in Chicago but now I live in central Illinois…there are fresh fish and seafood in some asian markets in central Illinois.

3 Likes

The gf was watching some cooking show with one of those Japanese hibachi restaurants and she really wants to go but there’s none in town… so while she’s at work I figured I’d switch it up from the traeger and surprise her with an at home version. She’s going to be so surprised!

8 Likes