Outdoor grillers/smokers/cookers unite

yeeeeaaaaaaaaaa :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

2 Likes

I thought you were in Illinois? Supreme Lobster in Villa Park has them bromigo…

2 Likes

Nah I’m in Iowa now, also was like 4hrs from Chicago even then…

Now I’m stuck in the 80s again… People have mullets on purpose here … I’m sure I could find a fish market somewhere but not sure how exotic it gets in the Hawkeye state lol

5 Likes

This is how I eat my smoked salmon heads & halibutcollars…I’m trying to cut down on my bread/carb intake…delish folks, specially the salmon cheeks…

Halibut collars

10 Likes

11 Likes

Not my doing, but was at a friend’s get together today and they had pastor. Mmmmmmmmm.

13 Likes

It looks good I gotta ask what is never heard or had it before!

3 Likes
7 Likes

Lamb and beef MergueZ

Faux filet

13 Likes

Got me a goose on the last day of nuisance goose season last week…we cooked it yesterday behind the bar for growers night, gas grill indirect heat.

12 Likes

Easy simple supper…perfectly grilled.

12 Likes

Last minute cook out last night…

9 Likes

Making gumbo today. Started w smoking chicken thighs and the bones of other thighs I cut up for the gumbo

Cut up thighs been browned, now browning the smoked sausage. It’s all about those browned bits sticking to the pot

10 Likes

More browning

Tasso

Trinity deglazes the pot

10 Likes

Added the roux, chicken stock, tasso, smoked chicken, and smoked turkey back into the pot to flavor the broth. Moved to a bigger pot, now inside since I won’t won’t watching it very closely and I need it lower than my outdoor burner goes. Also gotta leave for a couple hrs and it needs to simmer. The outdoor burner blows out on low with the wind blowing

11 Likes

Dang! Yall are makin me hungry! I’m out here on a jobsite subsisting on ramen noodles and tuna.

3 Likes

Gumbo :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

3 Likes

Nothing fancy…meat on a stick & chicken quarters…

20220802_073841

14 Likes

Whole fish (I’m, guessing trout here?) are hard to get right. Either raw or falling apart and doesn’t take long. Tuna stakes are easier. Might have to get a new grill as the old Weber kettle has fallen apart.

2 Likes

Put a pork shoulder on the smoker for 2 hrs this morning the brought it inside and put in the roaster with some apple juice… almost ready to pull apart

12 Likes