Outdoor grillers/smokers/cookers unite

I would cook the point for a first smoke, it’s wayyy more forgiving and very juicy.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking from what you said. May do one Sat and one Sun. Gonna have to buy some more propane, lol.

1 Like

Ohhhh yeah! My Bradley is electric, ive dine some long cooks on the bbq, but not a smoke long cook, lol. Post pics when you do! I love brisket… brisket and ribs :drooling_face:

1 Like

Will do, success or failure, I will post it. I live off my grill at the lake, never turn on the over for anything. Just time to expand my repertoire and I love me some brisket.

1 Like

May I suggest the Inkbird for monitoring the Internal Temp and smoker temp. Very handy and you can pair it to your phone for monitoring.

1 Like

I use this Weber 14" for the small meals and have a Weber 22 inch kettle for the bigger meals.

who else rolls with lump charcoal for your quick grilling items like steaks, burgers, dogs, boneless chicken etc? I almost never cook anything worth me buying briquettes.
I’ve found ok luck with bags of this Royal Oak. some bags you do end up with a lot of pebble sized crumbs. I’ve smelled some good ones at the store and have tried Green Egg, which was good and better quality of chunks inside but costs more than 2 bags of the Royal.

7 Likes

Beautiful day for a cook out, while working on the garden…

11 Likes

I have a ThermoPro TP07B that I use. Has a remote and 300 foot range so I can monitor the internal temps. Will even set off an alarm for me if I am not paying attention to the screen. I love it. Got one with a double probe for the lake as well.

6 Likes

i swear by that royal oak. I always look for the red bags

3 Likes

I read that sentiment alot when researching lump charcoal. Iv yet to actually use it but soon…

You guys use a chimney?

3 Likes

Yes, it has multiple uses bromigos…

Goose breastesses

Chili

13 Likes

You always give me something to strive for @PhilCuisine .

4 Likes

haha I love them, never cooked on one though! Great would be good for hotdogs at the beach!

2 Likes

That’s interesting… cooking over the chimney.

2 Likes

My buddy made these tonight…delish folks.

8 Likes

smoked teriyaki salmon fins ?looks tasty

2 Likes

Hey @Jinglepot , cook underway.

18 Likes

That looks beautiful! Right on!!! What did you choose for side dishes to go with it?

3 Likes

Thinking corn and beans. It’s in the stall now, temp dropped from 150f to 145f and is holding for past hour. This thing will be tomorrows dinner, lol. Still, been interesting so far. It’s looking pretty good to my eyes. Just grabbed another tank of propane and now sitting watching my temp remote. Can smell the smoke through the open basement window and it’s making me hungry.

7 Likes

Smoked bone-in chicken thighs and brats.

16 Likes