Outdoor grillers/smokers/cookers unite

Thanks bud, it was certainly interesting and I am pretty happy so far but will know more when I carve it up and taste it, lol. :crossed_fingers:

Will snap some pics when I carve it up. Been resting for 40 min and going to leave it 40 more until my wife is done work.

9 Likes

that looks amazing, next week smoke a whole loin of pea meal bacon !!!

5 Likes

Well here you go. Not as good as I would like but for a first attempt I will call it a win. Next time I will do better trimming and also now have an idea of how this grill will respond. Stuff is tender and really tasty in the end.

16 Likes

Mmmm mmmm looks damn perfect to me, first time success

3 Likes

Thanks man, I have seen you cook some incredible looking stuff so that means a great deal to me. Now I need to roll a joint as I am stuffed, lol.

3 Likes

From your picture it looks like you cut it with the grain. Try cutting it across the grain and see if you like it better. The meat in the slices should pull apart, not be stringy. Here’s a visual for you, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqM8eF90ohc

3 Likes

Right on @DougDawson !! That looks great, nice smoke ring, juicy, mint! … ive developed a sudden craving ugh! Congrats on your first brisket, may there be many more to come! Check out Brisket point burnt ends! :drooling_face:

1 Like

Thanks. That’s where I cut the point off. I turned that piece 90 degrees before slicing. I sliced marks into it before seasoning so I would know which way the grain went.

3 Likes

I wish I though of doing this before :rofl:
thanks for the tip Double-D!

2 Likes

Ribeye goodness. mmmmmmm med rare perfect.

16 Likes

Low and slow…

16 Likes

Still new to the game wish I coulda got the skin way more crisper!

14 Likes

That’s looks awesome! I’ve been wating to smoke a whole chicken for some time now, but our home raised chickens are just too big!

Yours makes me think ive gotta go buy one that fits to smoke now! :drooling_face:

6 Likes

My favorite to smoke is poultry, can’t beat a good chicken or turkey. I was never able to get a real crispy skin either but I don’t eat it so… not a big deal.

Good job…

2 Likes

You will never get the skin crispy when you smoke low and slow…but roasting it will…

I started at 630-7 this morning with these ribs…

14 Likes

Your food pictures are amazing so many good meals you make.
Craving ribs now thanks .

1 Like

Got this going on. Using the tenderloin to make cuban sandwiches. The corned beef is for munching and maybe cold sands tomorrow if it lasts.

IMG_2346

10 Likes

Thanks fellas !

Brisket pieces. Been going for 12 hours at 165 just bumped up to 225. 145 inside will wrap around 160.

Happy weekend everyone :grin:

14 Likes

Smoked deviled eggs!

20 Likes