Outdoor grillers/smokers/cookers unite

7 Likes

too nice a day to be indoors

12 Likes

Since yesterday turned into No Power Sunday along the coast of Maine, today became Popover Monday:

7 Likes

My buddy cooked outdoors yesterday, didn’t eat it though because no meat Sunday for me…

9 Likes

@PhilCuisine those look super yummy :wink:

Bought a couple hundred pounds of local and ethically farmed pork from some friends last fall and I portioned the backstraps into small roasts for the smoker.

Brushed the meat with a modest coating of French’s yellow mustard, then a generous coating of my dry rub. Then tightly wrapped in parchment for several hours.

Then unwrap the meat and into the smoker, middle rack of my Little Chief with a blend of hickory and alder

4 hrs in the smoker low n slow (150 to 160F and 1hr in the oven at 275 F to a perfect medium cook

my wife says it was fuckin killer LOL so I’ll take that as a win :rofl:
Next smoking project will be a pile of kokanee fillets and candy… stay tuned :wink:

10 Likes

Make a grilled chicken breast night that i marinated/ basted in Sal’s Sassy Sauce. I grill with the grates tilted down for more heat control. Great for searing steaks. The 2 little trim scraps are for my doggie

10 Likes

Easter ham smoking on the kamado. :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

Took a bunch of gift cards I have been saving up and bought this bad boy today. Cant wait to fire it up. Picked up an 11 lb brisket for it’s maiden voyage.

14 Likes

I bought one bout 4 months back. Love it.

1 Like

Is it a Bradly as well? I have read great things about these Bradley digital units but I know there are tons of them out there.

1 Like

10 Likes

Thinking of getting this cheap grill, I don’t know why…

6 Likes

That’s great for tailgating

1 Like

Ok, time to put the new smoker to work and see how it does. It seems like a nice little unit. Let’s give some jerky a try for the trial run.

15 Likes

Smells great! Hickory?

4 Likes

Yup, Hickory.

4 Likes

Victory.

20 Likes

Oh my, what’s going on in there?

1 Like

Was that from the brisket?
I’m pretty sure if that was done right, it would survive a couple of days in the mail.

4 Likes

Hickory Victory!

What time and temperature?

2 Likes