Outdoor grillers/smokers/cookers unite

Thanks Hemp. I am reallly liking it. Tossed up a canopy on.my back porch so I can use it when it rains…the 2 batches of jerky I made told.me much about it. Found its hot spots and temp variations on the last batch. I look forward to playing with it.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Brisket time!
I’ll start the smoker late tonight and let it cook into tomorrow.
Not a bad price at $4.99 lb. I only buy these when they are on sale. All last year was $3.99 lb. Still a good deal if I don’t fuck it up, I’ll have brisket sandwiches for a few days and freeze the rest to be used in a chili later. :yum:

I’ve used this rub on brisket before, it’s very good. :+1:

12 Likes

Nice man, I was planning on grabbing one of those on my way home tonight. Best of luck with your cook bud.

1 Like

Thanks, I hope you get a good one. Get one that’s flexible :wink:. If you can bend the brisket easily, there is less hard fat and more meat!
I’ll post some more pics of my cook if anyone’s interested. :v:

2 Likes

Yes indeed. Brisket is $22/kg here right now, argh.

Ouch! Unfortunately that is the regular price. About once every 6 weeks Zehrs has brisket on sale. Must not be every store. :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah, bit the bullet anyway.

5 Likes

Homemade burgers…

7 Likes

Nice burgers!
My parents had a Hibachi BBQ just like that when I was a kid. Worked great, adjustable racks👍

1 Like

Charcoal lit

Brisket had to be cut in half and stacked.
I love the egg but one day I will own a smoker that can handle whole briskets.

Now to get some sleep

7 Likes

7.5 hours into cook. Brisket fat side up. Internal temp at 160f. Welcome.to the stall, lol.

15 Likes

That looks beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

About 8 hours into this brisket cook.
150 degrees internal temp. Looking good.:+1:

11 Likes

Starting to get darker now. The meat is at 158 F. I’ll wrap it soon.
Going to be tasty.:stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

Looks amazing @Tuned

1 Like

Hi grill and smoke fiends, I’m looking for a little advice. I want to make a grill and a cold smoker this summer out of free materials, and I’m thinking of using beer kegs both pony and half sized, along with stainless washing machine baskets like @Pigeonman does. I need to read through this thread and look at your projects but who’s done this? Any advice on designs or things to avoid? I’m happy to redo things if needed but trying to plan well since cutting and welding metal is pretty hard to undo hahaha

4 Likes

I’ve never done a diy like this, but I know large propane tanks are cut and used for smokers.

2 Likes

A 50 gallon barrel makes a great smoker.

3 Likes

My brother in law made one out of 2 bath tubs. Might be a bit extreme.

2 Likes