Outdoor grillers/smokers/cookers unite

I recently helped a buddy pick up two halfs of a large propane tank that were being used as planters on a hillside, fun times moving those things. Let me try and see if he’s got any pics of the finished smoker. I agree with Doug on the 50 gal barrel sounds like a perfect size or even a keg.

2 Likes

Few things I’ve smoked recently all relatively new recipes for me…Smoked chuck roast “Poor man’s brisket”, Smoked pork shoulder I turned into carnitas, and spatcock chicken.

11 Likes
1 Like

Getting the chicken fajitas ready…
Mesquite smoke.

7 Likes

My brisket finished up quite nicely.
About 16 hours to get to 190 F.
Worth it!

15 Likes

Nice bud, looks amazing. Mine is resting in a cooler wrapped in towels right now but it feels like butter with the probe.

13 Likes

That looks great! Nicely done for your first brisket on that smoker.
I only rested mine about 30 min. I usually rest longer in a cooler but my family was looking at me like “is it ready yet?”

2 Likes

Thanks man. Got lots to learn about that machine but it looks edible, lol. I will be slicing it shortly. Just happy I made it to 195 and the smoker pushed though the stall with no trouble.

4 Likes

My brother in law gave me his smoker it’s a traeger. Haven’t messed with it yet but it needs a probe then it’s good. Can’t wait to get fixed up… I’ll throw a picture up when I get one. :crazy_face: freaking almost new, he didn’t want to fix it. Bought a new one. I was walking out from the rig, and he said hey you, want a smoker? Who tf would say no…!!!

Paws

3 Likes

Ok, got around to carving up my second brisket ever after it rested for a few hours. Fat rendered really nicely. The bark is really nice. It’s super moist, pulls apart super easy and it just delicious. Can’t wait to enjoy this and see what my 3rd one holds.

12 Likes

@Tuned
@DougDawson

they look good. still juicy.
what are y’all using for rub before your smoke?

3 Likes

Grilled catfish, good eats…only used 1 side of the grill…

8 Likes

I just used a store bought rub from Cabela’s that I picked up at Bass Pro Shop when I bought the smoker. Turned out really tasty so I would use it again.

6 Likes

I’ve always grilled my fish as steaks or fillets. That whole fish method looks cool!

1 Like

8 Likes

What do you have there :thinking:
Chicken kabobs? What else, it all looks good

Chicken kabobs and pork belly bromigo…here’s a couple red snappers on the grill.

7 Likes

4 Likes

A little charred on one side so it wasn’t a total failure, it was still good eats…

1 store bought hot dog and 1 homemade (left)

6 Likes

Fire roasted salsa to go with a taco ring.

And a pound cake NOT on the egg

7 Likes