🕊 - Outdoor Growing Adventures With Your Friendly Neighbourhood Pigeonman - 2021/2022

Very nice! Your plants look very healthy and happy! Nice pics btw. Love me some green beans and kale out of the garden

3 Likes

Thanks @corey , I’m hoping to take some photos of the tropicals to share later today as they were in total shade when I took these photos. :smiley:

I love growing kale and beans; the beans I let grow and dry on the vine and harvest in fall for dry storage; the kale I eat through the season as well as dehydrate and make into a superfoods powder also for the winter. :smiley:

5 Likes

I would have stopped by, had I but known.

Lovely yard sir.

Next time!

4 Likes

Sweet! That’s a good idea drying the kale and grinding it up. I’m gonna have to do that

Tropicals or other things that live on my patio!

Bay laurel:

Scotch Bonnet Bonsai (from Guyana):

Guava Bonsai (from Guyana):

Christmas Cactus (Schlumbergera, 40 year old bonsai):

Black Olive Bonsai:

Black Olive Fruit:

Plumeria(s):

Jasmine:

MUTO Hanging Basket (White Widow x Critical Orange):

Spider Plants:

Spider Plant(s) + Moskito Geranium:

Croton:

Crown of Thorns (Red & White) + 2x Winter Hardy Cactus:

Night Blooming Jasmine (in background = round 3 of tomato ripening):

Sea Onion:

The Spidder what lives above the sea onion; keeper of the plant peace:

Aloe Vera(s):

Rose of Sharon (Northern Hibiscus):

Dwarf Pomegranate Bonsai:

Orange Hibiscus:

Yellow & Red Hibiscus:

Celia watching me water everything from the window:

Purple Hibiscus:

Cardamon plants:

Night Blooming Jasmine (cutting):

Calico Cat aka: “Thuggalicious the Racoon Tail”; we have at least 4 strays that cruise the yard:

Hummingbird Sage Flowering:

Hummingbird Sage:

Water Lily “Clawfoot” Pond; showcasing the ring of Sweet Grass growing under it:

Thanks for stopping on by; I’d have offered y’all a coffee so in this medium here you go: :coffee:
Mucho love from my garden to yours!
Cheers all!

13 Likes

We have a Green Thumb in the house

Fabulous array of plants

Chapeau

Bare

6 Likes

Is that mesh coffin for escape artist tricks? :rofl:

5 Likes

It’s to keep those big Ontario mosquitos inside!

Lovely yard my friend!

6 Likes

Wow, your Water Lily Pond is brilliant! The clawfoot tub gives a lot of character and fits with the eclectic nature of your beautiful yard. I don’t even care about your cannabis anymore, We demand more shrubbery!

4 Likes

Preferably two so we can have a nice path down the middle.

2 Likes

Aww, thanks everyone!

@Barefrog : You’re making me blush! :blush:

@Foreigner : It’s to keep the critters from fucking up the water lilies and eating the fish that’s been EATING ALL THE LARVAE any insect dares to put in there. Before the net-coffin I’d come home and the lily would be all tore up and a few fish missing. This year no issues, and I only got 1x fish; a Calico Shubunkin. Was about 1inch when I put it in there and now the fucker’s 5 inch’s with a belly!

It looks similar to this image; but I’ll take photo’s of it when it moves into the 20gallon “you survived the summer!” tank:

@Yetigrows ; Thanks bruv! See above about those fish; albeit there are ALWAYS dragonflies doing their thing above our yard at dusk.

@TopicalWave : Thank you! The closest thing to shrubbery are my berry bushes. They’ve done their work this year so i’ve hacked them into boxes. Will take photos and post just for your “shrubbery needs” :laughing:

@Foreigner (pt 2): I have strategically allowed a wild grape to grow on the house access fence with other plants in series; so when you look down the side of the house it all lines up to seem impassable:

5 Likes

Did some trimming so show of them gams’; for size reference those white plastic labels are 2" x1.5".

White Widow x California Orange; (2’ worth of thinning!):

UK Cheese; (also 2’, though this baby wasn’t trained so it’s not a bush):

Gelato 33; (gnarly training :laughing: , still going strong):

Kosher Kush; (CHOAD stem, but needs a little more trimming but I was getting eaten my mozzies):

Another day with more photos!? Whoa, i’m getting on top of my shit again! :laughing:

15 Likes

It’s a Hibiscus,
It’s Purple & Pink,
It’s Fantastic,
& It’s FLOWERING!

:hugs:

13 Likes

Lovely. I had one in Texas.

4 Likes

HOLY SHIT IT’S WHITE! THE SNOWBANK BRUGMANSIA IS WHITE!!!
This is my 2nd year with this plant and the 1st time it’s flowered for me! :heart:

12 Likes

Overall update on the mini homestead what in the East edge of :canada: Mordor.

Kosher Kush: The stretch finally stopped and the flower sites are forming! I’m gonna need to leave a milk create in the raised bed to address the tops it’s gotten so big.

Gelato 33: Also stopped stretching; really pleased with the even tops considering how mangled this ladies training was.

UK Cheese: Flowers developing as well; this is the flushed out side as it’s a little flatter on the bean wall side. Going to remove the wall next year to another location as it’s sucking up too much am sun from this growing site.

White Widow x Critical Orange: The beast, the only from seed (other than it’s sister MUTOBasket), and the most even of them all. I’m plucking leaves daily from her and each branch is gonna be a NUG. She is also the thirstiest of all the plants.

It’s hard to give a stem rub report as I’m still smelling elements of the Sulphur I sprayed them down with while still in veg. I guess it’s a good back for the buck with the application still going strong but should I worry about my buds being contaminated, or will the fall rains take care of this for me?

My front yard is doing well. It’s SUPER HUMID, HOT, yet DRY so it’s been daily am waterings to keep the pots from drying out but all the in ground stuff is going strong because it’s all (mostly) native plants. My “Don’t Park Here” Butterfly patch is now 10ft tall.

Little Mushroom friend is growing at the base of my Snowbank Brugmansia:

Snowbank Brugmansia:

Flower before opening:

Flower after opening:

Varigated leaves giving it the name “Snowbank”:

It was doing no harm sunbathing so Iet it be:

Pink Brugmansia Flower:

Yellow Brugmansia Flower:

Tomatos are almost done being picked; these are of the Australian Oxheart Heirloom variety so i’ve been babying these to see how big they’ll get. There’s about 1/3 left of the total harvest left on the plants so I gotta get Italian and make my sauces asap:

Purple “Dinosaur” Lacianto Kale:

Thanks for stopping on by! I’d have fed you and offered you a :coffee: or :tea: but this is the internet and we haven’t figured that level e-sharing yet!

Love to all! :heart:

19 Likes

Well i’m chuffed.

For the past week now “my people” have been showing up and relaxing in my yard with the other birdos! There are not that many of these little head-bobbing joy’s in my area so i’m beside myself that this is now a regular thing :hugs:

Yep. Pigeonman’s yard; NOW WITH actual Pigeons!!!

13 Likes

Hola @Pigeonman

its very hot so a nice big bowl of water

would attract many from the flock and 4 legger

Bare

6 Likes

I have 3 bird-baths; 2 pond water sources (1 = year round), 1x 2ft round tray on ground level, 2 trays filled with marbles and water for the insects and I just added 4 small water bowls for the local feral cats and groundhog :hugs:

6 Likes

Awesome looking yard/garden dude! Remember the eye of sauron is always watching.

5 Likes