Outdoor Growing with V(closed due to stolen plants)

Mexican brick

5 Likes

Zamaldelica X (Lowryder×Devil) in a separate spot.

4 Likes

I see a lot of 5 fingered paw prints in that pic!

1 Like

I’m not sure if this has been discussed much but I’ve noticed some other plants tend to do better if their roots interact, something not a lot of indoor growers might be aware of.
Case in point, due to the geometry of my sprouting station, some oilseed (camelina sativa) seeds got planted in a single, long window tray type pot. The single potted seeds, planted in the same mix, right next to the long pot, were about 2/3rds the size of the long pot.
They’re outdoors now and are just now catching up to the ones that were in the long pot.
Perhaps plants are more social creatures than one might guess?

6 Likes

I was thinking more about reducing the amount of light each would get, but they do interact root wise, which is why I have cover crops on my no till indoors plants. I think ideally the roots would do that anyway once they get bigger, even with more spacing and still get more light as well.

2 Likes

Only one chopper so far this year. If i could use more room I would fellas. This why the attic exist.
Here’s last year’s grow : Girl scout cookies

3 Likes

11 Likes

Yeah, you gotta do, what you gotta do, if that’s all the space there is, then that’s what they get lol.

1 Like

I layered 250lbs of fine river gravel/sand over the entire area hopeing to keep the dirt off these shits. Tops come off Monday or Tuesday. I need to get a cloning area prepared for them before then…

3 Likes

They are definitely ready for topping, slow that stretch down a bit and bush them up. I am struggling to get lower branches on a ISSXBB for cuttings, the pheno I have hates making branches.

1 Like

The part I cut needs to have enough :leaves:s and be 6 inches long minimum. So asap… With quailifying amount of leafs and proper length to clone sucessfully.

1 Like

I take big cuttings and small cuttings, leaves clipped not clipped scrapped and not scrapped, rooting hormones or nothing, humidity no humidity dome lol, some just take longer than others, usually get about 90% success. There seems to be no rhyme or reason why some root and others dont.

4 Likes

You sure you want cuttings off that pheno then?

4 Likes

Good point, but they have all been like it so far. The last couple I grew got 6.5 and 5 oz each of very nice bud, so I am trying to be greedy lol.

4 Likes

So i feel pretty good considering how the professional farmers are doing

6 Likes

10 Likes

9 Likes

Duuuuuuuuuuude. Who needs a guard dog, right? lol.

2 Likes

This thing is huge! Like a manhole cover.

4 Likes

No I’m not abusing animals. It’s a snaping turtle probably 60lbs. She’s very aggressive. And quick her neck will stretch two feet to rip you hand off if your not careful. She must came on to land to lay eggs. She’s free. And didn’t turn into :stew: soup.

8 Likes