Outdoor Growing with V(closed due to stolen plants)

Again. These might all be males. Who knows what I’ll end up with. That’s why I’m planting alot more ASAP :wink:

1 Like

I have 5 of the brick seeds popped. And I planted 10 BR×GDP. Flashes manatuska tundra and stitches love potion should be here Monday or Tuesday I’m guessing. Any open spot left from culling males will be good spots to transplant the plants I’ll be revegging from the attic. Attic will be getting a upgrade after the seed run and may be shut down for a month or longer. And it gives me a break for a second on all the feeding and PH checking and growing in general. I’m stretched thin too thin right now.

4 Likes

I knew that, just wanted to pull your leg :grin:, anyway still look very pessimistic as distribution to me … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Last years outdoor grow sucked. It started off good. But then came the high male ratio. And they were the largest plants I had. It hurt my feelers. So this year were not taking any chances. Thanks for engaging in conservation george. Feel free to comment anytime dude!

8 Likes

You’re welcome, now one question: why don’t you just plant feminized seeds to avoid any “odds against tomorrow”? Sounds an easy solution for me … :innocent:

3 Likes

Everything iam growing was gifted to me via seedruns or I bred myself and even some of those breeds came from gifted pollen… Besides the flash seeds; everything I ordered from them was feminized except for stitches love potion. And in flashes regular packs you get feminized and regular seeds in the same pack just to make sure you get a higher female ratio. Or at least they used to do this. I ordered direct so he may of changed how he does reg seeds. And so far I am not impressed. Compared to last week the zam×GDP and the bluerhino×GDP have out grown the “Super” auto.

8 Likes

Really? That’s messed up IMO. If I want regular seeds, I surely dont want you to mix in feminized seeds. Imagine if he did the opposite and put regular seeds in with his feminized ones?

Anyway, good luck with your garden, looking good so far.
:+1::seedling:

7 Likes

Thanks @ReikoX. Just went and fixed a few that are drowning in all this rain. None til Sunday. My spot needs to dry out.
And yes it is a odd way of doing buisness from consumers standpoint I totally feel you.

2 Likes

I feel you on the rain. It’s been an odd summer here in the desert too.
:cactus: :sunny: :thunder_cloud_rain: :sunny: :thunder_cloud_rain: :sunny: :cactus:

3 Likes

If you did grow outdoors @ReikoX, would of this been the year to do it?

1 Like

Maybe… I’ve tried growing tomatoes outside for about three years. This is the longest they have lived (about two weeks) LOL. Maybe it’s the milder weather?

3 Likes

Well how are they looking? Post up bro

Mexican brick

5 Likes

Zamaldelica X (Lowryder×Devil) in a separate spot.

4 Likes

I see a lot of 5 fingered paw prints in that pic!

1 Like

I’m not sure if this has been discussed much but I’ve noticed some other plants tend to do better if their roots interact, something not a lot of indoor growers might be aware of.
Case in point, due to the geometry of my sprouting station, some oilseed (camelina sativa) seeds got planted in a single, long window tray type pot. The single potted seeds, planted in the same mix, right next to the long pot, were about 2/3rds the size of the long pot.
They’re outdoors now and are just now catching up to the ones that were in the long pot.
Perhaps plants are more social creatures than one might guess?

6 Likes

I was thinking more about reducing the amount of light each would get, but they do interact root wise, which is why I have cover crops on my no till indoors plants. I think ideally the roots would do that anyway once they get bigger, even with more spacing and still get more light as well.

2 Likes

Only one chopper so far this year. If i could use more room I would fellas. This why the attic exist.
Here’s last year’s grow : Girl scout cookies

3 Likes

11 Likes

Yeah, you gotta do, what you gotta do, if that’s all the space there is, then that’s what they get lol.

1 Like