Outdoor organic hydro

Here’s mulched VS non. Them weeds love open ground!

4 Likes

I think we have male and female here. I’ll know really soon!

6 Likes

Got to fight the birds for the berries! Arr get out of here!

ok I think this is the male plant. You can see why.

This baby… Definitely female.

colorado cookies.

8 Likes

Females: Automania and Colorado cookies.
Males: Trizzler.
Probably move the male outside, and experiment on it. Slice-y and dice-y mmmm pollen spicy. Who the F knows what I’ll do. Oh yah, count the viable pollen grains!

4 Likes

Automania has gone nuts! The largest of the batch.

There’s the male suspect!

7 Likes

Lookin’ Gooooooooo-D. Colorado cookies is kind of small, but that’s ok!

8 Likes

Some pumpkins! Neon pumpkins only take 45 days, so they’ll be the first thing cropped off and cut down.

Crazy garlic this year. When I replanted in the spring, I only used the bigger garlic plants.

6 Likes

Fucking currant maggots, man. I hate them! They showed up this year, so that’s fun! Reminds me of the spinach leaf miners.

5 Likes

Pumpkins at 45 days? Wth? Ima have to find these. I assume they are just decorative ones or an edible gourd? :thinking:
Eww gross.
Nasty maggotses indeed
(in my best smeagle voice) :joy:

4 Likes

in 45 days, I’ll be harvesting a pumpkin! It’ll look like a regular pumpkin, except crop off way faster! Oh… and it starts out yellow! Then turns green and finally orange.
I wonder how many aphids this syrphid fly larvae can really eat? It’s decimating them! Who let the fox into the hen house?!?!

6 Likes

There’s evidence of organic culture right in the greenhouse. It’s infested with mushrooms of different kinds, they grow in different areas. This is the pepper plant greenhouse.

7 Likes

Here’s the reason they are called “neon” pumpkin.

8 Likes

Here’s a couple of photos of the weeeeed, man!

9 Likes

I’ve been hunting around and I’m really shocked the spider mites have been killed off. I had a few flea beatles and some thrips in there. I suppose that once you deprive them of a food source for the winter, they either move on or get wiped out. Very interesting!

6 Likes

Brewed up some teas out of rotting alfalfa. It was sitting in some water for a week then I filled up a big tub with that crap and water. It was all brown and stinky…mmmmm yum! Tossed some of that in the pots and on the ground in the garden. I should start doing that with the comfrey, to stretch the organic materials budget!

6 Likes

I like to collect dandelions I weed out of the garden and throw them in a couple buckets and top them off with creek water. Then it’s a game of how bad can the smell get before I have to dump it!

5 Likes

The stink is getting to epic levels! When I take off the lid, the plant material rises out of the bucket. So I get a stick and poked it back down. Lots of frothy bubbles!

6 Likes

Automania, Colorado cookies, and trizzler!

11 Likes

Love those Jurassic style leaves!

6 Likes

Automania!

There are both sides of the greenhouse. Things are really looking good for the most part!

12 Likes