Outdoor plant morphology

Made some seeds with a Bodhi Black Triangle male and a keeper Karma Headbanger cut. Grew a couple out earlier this year indoors and stuck a couple of what I thought were males outside to see how they looked and smeeled grown out. Turns out I messed up sexing and they were both females. The one I liked from indoors had hood easily definable traits from both parents so decided to keep the females I stuck outside going. You can see from the pic they’re quite nice and healthy.
It has been a hot Summer here. Lots of intense sunshine with little rain and the plants reacted interestingly. During the intense sun, very few leaves had more than three leaflets per leaf and stayed relatively thin. The Headbanger female had wide leaflets during veg which graduated to thinner in flower. The Black Triangle male had thin leaves but stayed squat and was flowered outdoors to create pollen to dust selected females.
Now in flower the thin leaf traits from the male have come to the fore. They look more like the thin leaved male parent than the thin leaved female parent. What was interesting was the plant’s ability to reduce the number of leaflets during intense sun and to produce more leaflets going in to flower and once intense sun had subsided.
I remember Breeder Steve saying that varieties he took to Columbia finished earlier than in more northern climes because the Columbian sum was so intense.
Anyway, just posting a pic as I have very much enjoyed watching the morphological progression on this plant. There are actually two in the pic. One is off to the left, further back. I topped both a little to keep reduce the potential from prying eyes.

8 Likes