Outdoor pollination

i have a question regarding the plants i pollinated yesterday. i dusted them about 2pm in the afternoon and then it started raining sometime during the night and has not stopped raining drizzling all day today. i was wondering if the chuck will take or will i have to try again? i do not know how much time it takes for pollination? to actually happen

5 Likes

About 30 minutes. You should be fine.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t hurt to dust them again when they dry off, if you have more of the same pollen to spare. If the hairs don’t start to recede within a couple days I would try again.

5 Likes

thank you both, @Slammedsonoma420 and @Oldtimerunderground . i always wondered how long pollination actually takes. i will also watch the hairs for signs of pollination

3 Likes

exactly what they said the only thing i have to add is that outdoor pollination has high risks of cross pollination.

Look this:
“Mitigating the risk of cross-pollination in cannabis presents a unique challenge. The most straight forward strategy involves geographic or physical isolation. Industry experts recommend a minimum distance of 10 miles between outdoor cannabis fields. Research has shown that pollen can travel much further than 10 miles, but the amount of pollen transported decreases logarithmically with increasing distance from the source. Therefore, the risk of pollination should be negligible beyond ten miles from a pollen source.”

6 Likes

For sure. One year I had a whole outdoor crop pollinated.

:thinking: I wonder if there’s anything else you could do to mitigate the risk of cross-pollination.

Maybe cake the pollen on?
20220905_184140
Blow it all up in the bud
20220905_183926
Dab it up on the nugs
20220905_183802
Dust it all over
Until it’s fully coated
no-consuela
:joy:

4 Likes

to tell the truth it looks like me doing indoor pollination,

the second is me when I don’t have a fan;

the third is me with a brush on the lower branches;

the fourth is me doing open pollination on several plants inside the tent;

the fifth is me doing a pollination in a 9x9 room

can’t think of anything for first…

3 Likes

pollen king Final

Rumor has it this is a pretty good representation :wink:

Also have you checked out Trackers post on the method he used for his “2022 Outdoor Garden” pollination?

5 Likes

lol, got me laughing real hard people.

1 Like