Overfeeding or overheating?

I had these five pineapple thai plants in my greenhouse shed and put them close to the roof to limit stretch. I also had a bubba hash plant in there. Last week bubba overheated and went in the house
These look ok until I watered them yesterday
I’m hoping the soil mix is not too hot because it will be hard to fix that
I can drop these down on the floor and the cool dirt will maybe help?!
This one is crooked because I set it down earlier today, they seem to respond fast
IMG_20210617_190920|281x500

1 Like

Another

2 Likes

Another

2 Likes

I only see some clawing, maybe overwatering or bad soil? :sunglasses:

1 Like

This was the first time I watered since putting in new pots. I watered to run off. This soil is my own mix… recycle happy frog with amendments…I hope it’s not too :fire:

1 Like

What did you all mix in? How long did you let it cook after amending before using it?

1 Like

I let it sit for a year and watered occasionally.
72 gal used soil
8 gal one year old (last year ) horse manure
One gallon biochar
2cup of each of the following:
Oyster shell
Azomite
Perlite
Peat moss
Ag lime
Diatomaceous earth
Blood meal
Bone meal
Kelp
Alfalfa meal

2 Likes

Yeah, it shouldn’t be too hot of a mix.

1 Like

I just looked an they are all doing it.
I’m betting it’s the watering
The strain wears it’s heart on it sleeves.

1 Like

Looks like a slight Nitrogen toxicity.

1 Like

Since I’m using home made dirt for the first time
And planning on using the nutrients in the soil and just well water and occasionally cal mag…what do I need to do about the nitrogen toxicity?

1 Like

Got any peat moss that you could cut into the dirt? That, with some perlite couldn’t hurt and would dilute your mix and add aeration qualities. They look good and healthy otherwise. Happy growing!

3 Likes

The top fans curling like witches fingers is slight overwatering
The other fans clawing like dragons talons is nitregen buildup ( slightly hot soil )

To help both , bottom water
1 , plant roots with not be saturated , half of pot will still have air ( no more over watering )
2 if you water from the top you are moving all the food from the top of pot adding to the food already in bottom , thus raising ppm in bottom of pot where root tips are ( causing n build up )

If you bottom water then plant will be able to use up and control the feeding better
Once roots established and leafs start to lighten , then water from top to use up push that food to bottom of pot kind off : )
Hard to put in words but easy to do : )

4 Likes

Sounds like a good idea. But…I need to wait a few days before watering?
Then, I will bottom water next time…

1 Like

The bottom of the pots is wher root tips are , that’s where the water needs to be , plants love to be watered from the bottom , it creates a nice balance of water and air thru out pot , watering from the top saturates everything and causes more positive presure within pot , leading to witches fingers and bumpy leafs : )

3 Likes

I always thought of top watering as pushing the air in the soil out and pulling new in behind as it gets absorbed

1 Like

Bottom watering forces air out of top pot , then as it gets used it pulls fresh air in : )

This way the roots that are absorbing air don’t get saturated with water kind off

3 Likes

Out of likes :green_heart:

How do you bottom water?? What is your technique??
If you get a chance maybe chime in with what you think is my problem with my OSS 96 post.
My skunk plant not looking to happy but better than before the transplant. I just find your posted info on this thread Describes my issues too. I’m finding yellowing leaves everyday :man_shrugging::woozy_face:

You can simply pour the amount of water / feed needed into saucer that pot is on , or flood and drain on a tray or lightly dunk gradually in Rez till wieght required

Fire me a link and I’ll take a look , going to work soon but I’ll see tonite when I get home : )

1 Like