Overgrow Auto Chronicles : Chapter 1

All that is what I get messed up on. That’s why I don’t like trying to cross. I don’t mind a mixed plant I just don’t cross. I had to many maybes. I got to say. I do love the seeds. I like my clones also. The tap root is what I like. The stronger branches. I want something to stand on its own. I had some clones I can’t get anymore. A few strains I had I let go because I thought I had back up. You always have something good to say.

3 Likes

Day 2

Repotted the two squarepot ones as i had some round pots that were freed up.

The grey pot in the center is lagging behind and han’t had much growth in comparison to the others and it popped up early so hopefully it and its sister to the right and above will start going, is only day 2 though.

14 Likes

Day 4

Ordered them from best to worse starting top left to right then top to bottom.

First this is too early to really start making opinions you can just pick by health at this point here is what i see top left the leaf structure so far i like the best, nice flat leaves and size and shape the striations aren’t pronounced like the plant beside it

The mid row may end up more sativa leaning in structure just due to the length of the initial leaves and also the new growth comes out like fingers kinda long and rounded over till its starts actually building leaf shape, liking the right hand one on the middle row this morning as its a bit more uniform in comparison to the one on the left.

Bottom 3 the left hand one is fine just small atm, right hand plant the initial leave tips show an issue where the tips were damaged or they were not fully formed this typically stunts the plant initially till it can grow past it though they seem more susceptible to mutations or issues later on now whether this typically happens after the fact or in seed development im not quite sure though usally these plants that pop out like this their cotyledons typically have dry tips as well and have that brown tipped embryo sac which happens in seed formation for whatever reason.

Very bottom isn’t showing any uniform growth and looks more like a seedling where the tap root has had an issue whether say pest, its tip broke off, or its sidewall split, or was just a mutant, ill take a pic once i pull it in a couple days as i don’t expect it to smarten up any time soon.

12 Likes

So what’s the plan with this batch? Going to reverse a few of these then pop more for pollen donors?

5 Likes

Will reverse all of them and select a couple standouts to pollinate the other 12 seeds from the mix i have in waiting, just want to get a good 10+ days on these first before the others are started.

7 Likes

Day 6 and growing.

You can see the mutant at the bottom more clearly now, it will be culled.

Also the plant to the left and just above it just seems week so that’s on the watch list next, the one with the initial leaf tip issue plant to the right is coming around though.

14 Likes

Alright close up on the mutant for you all, so that you can see that it doesn’t even show a next set of leaves and why it will be culled.

Leaving this one on watch as well its not a strong one in comparison to all the others, though this one gets awhile still.

12 Likes

Yes! @Mr.Sparkle Now I see it!! Leaves do look strange!! Strange feeling to know when we do have to get rid of a few plants!! Thanks!

3 Likes

it is always bad to kill a plant but the first one you see in the picture has problems from the seed because it is better to eliminate it and not waste time :muscle:

1 Like

Day 9

Need to hook up the autowaters, currently the top two and two on the left are the ones im looking at, bottom right isn’t healthy, and one above that i have some suspicions and caution feelers up on.

17 Likes

Day 11

You may notice the one i said was on watch is now gone leaving 5 left.

Saying that Im not liking the leaf structure or stature on the bottom right plant as when looking closely its structure is more random in how the cell structure seem to lay out and is similar to how some crinkle mutants in one of my strains displays which results in weak leaves that tear easily and the growth of said plants is always slower in my observation. Also its doing a left twist/curl when it shouldn’t have any reason to do so from say from pH issues or whatever.

So even though its currently larger than say the small one in the center left that ones leaf structure as i see it right now is better and its only small as it was stunted due to that initial first leaf tip issue which it has now grown pass and will catch up to rest pretty quick i believe.

Also ignore the starter plugs in the pic, those are not related to this Chronicle.

I was gonna start the rest of the seeds last night though im gonna be away for a 4 day span at the end of this week so the rest will be started once i get back leaving these with a 18-20 day start over the other ones which is more than enough time to see how these develop and be able to produce pollen for those plants, which i plan to spray these ones at least once before i take off to get things started.

16 Likes

Day 13

Growing, you can see the cautionary plant on the center left…

And ignore the little one.

18 Likes

Day 20

Missed some updates as i was away on the weekend and totally missed the individual photo on monday.

Still have the fifth plant though wont be around for long, otherwise these i just started spraying sts 2 days ago. Also need to start the other seeds though they may fall into their stretch phase for when i’ll be away so i may hold off for a little before starting them, really i just have to sit down and plan it out when i have time.

15 Likes

Day 23

Been spraying them this week and there starting to stretch, have some mishaps feed and pH wise and im feeding them at a very high pH comparably though they seem to want it…

Saying that the back left plant had a hidden surprise that wouldn’t of been from starting sts spraying this week, i only noticed as i got into the plants to strip the lower most fans and nodes from them to leave some air gaps and pull out the stuff that wont do anything.

So decision keep it in the mix knowing it will likely pass on its early hermi susceptible genetics, or pull it just to hopefully ensure more stable offspring… opinions ?

16 Likes

Pull it imo :cry:

4 Likes

Scrap the hermi. Don’t need that in the mix. Feels like it would be Russian roulette with the seeds. If it was a late hermi maybe, but not with it showing so early.

4 Likes

I would let my cats chew on the leafs and throw it away. :laughing:

3 Likes

I’d pull that, not sure the cat would bother it either :cat:

3 Likes

I’d scrap it too for what it’s worth

3 Likes

you know thats my opinion and always has been when these pop up though some figure differently

3 Likes