Overgrow.com rises from the ashes!

I’ve just seen that CW is back online too… but with full DB and link to here so I was wondering if it’s u guys resurrecting it too…
I’m honestly having a blast reading it…
D_S

1 Like

@LemonadeJoe
like this one, you mean ?

:wink:

9 Likes

hi hook me up I don’t even remember my old username

1 Like

I used to be Avalon0420, if i’m not mistaken…

2 Likes

Where are you? We have a bit of property in Jaco, CR.

1 Like

Living in Guanacaste now, but moving in a few weeks back to town in Curridabat. We only come to the beach during the sunny season, and the Costa Rica from the brochures will not be for another six months, then we’ll come back… Even tho this time, i intend to stick around in the city, because of my daughter’s school…

I used to visit the old site, wondered what happened to it.

Glad to see you are back!

6 Likes

Welcome to @MicroDoser!

I am glad YOU are back on OG!

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi there, im am old member of HC.com (hempcultivation.com)
But I was not active and growing for years. Same in the website I stopped using it. Now in back with new growing plans and I wanted to take a look at my posts from hc.com
My user name was this same im using in og.com (SpUnJaH)
Anybody knows what happened with the site?

3 Likes

Oh does seeing that take me back! :laughing:

1 Like

Question for the older & returning, original OGers…

I’m curious what you think of the OG evolution since re-birth; how is it going? (so to speak) The good the bad and the ugly. :slight_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Damn!!..Nosing around the new sight {was leary for awhile]and come across “shocks” !..Good to see ya bro! Had good times with you ,Nathan and Jeast!!! 4 of us OG’ers in the swamp…Good memories …Hope to see you around !

canna;;.I like what im seeing so far and really feel that OG has potential ,.Some [a lot] of us old schoolers are/were cautious about rejoining …Plus MJ world has advanced so rapidly. Nothing but ‘med’ [few] states was legal back then…Time will tell but some old schoolers are around I see…Some of the best folks I ever “met” was from this site!!..Couple still good friends that I stay in touch with…Shocks>>>PM me…

5 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: History of Overgrow.com

Just went to give a big thank you to you and your team brother. Just reading old/new members posts and the happyness there excreting like resin through words about og being back up and reconnecting with old friends has me stuck here for a long time :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Anybody remember this?

Here’s another, this one from from Oldtimer1’s bonzai Mums post (I have the post too)

Here’s a great quote by Uncle Ben (reply to NimBowl) on a thread of BOG’s Indoor Organic Growing topic. I do like soil grows. Soil can almost be a set it and forget it way to grow if done right.

NimBowl, that is ill advised. Just another example of cannabis baloney. Flavornoids like strawberries are incapable of being uptaked.

We used to put slices of apple in overdried Mexican weed back in the 60’s, and yes, if done right, it will tend to flavor the weed…but then again, so will a flavored drink like sweet wine used in a waterpipe.

Regarding soil mixes, remember the final mix is a sum of the parts. Try to understand the dynamics of what each part contributes as it relates to your maintenance requirements, and then go from there. You can start with any quality mix and add what you want to get you where you want to go. Name brands like Schultz or Miracle Gro are good starts.

IOW, say you want a rather acidic mix, then add quite a bit of peat moss to your blend. Being that peat moss comes in around 5.5 pH, it will acidify the mix as well as provide important humates. If you tend to be heavy handed on watering schedules, then use quite a bit of an aerator like perlite or vermiculite. Vermiculite is my choice as it holds a little more nutrients and water than perlite, and also provides micros like Mg. I will post my garden mix which can be used as a guide, but you need to think out of the box, and do your own thing, or you will never be empowered to do this on your own. This is not rocket science :slight_smile:

Good luck,
Uncle Ben

Follow up post by Uncle Ben in which he reveals his soil mixture. Should have patented the stuff!

I use alot of brown spaghnum peat moss, a large bag of Schultz potting mix, and cheap potting soil (screened to get rid of the chunky junk) for a base to make up enough for 30 to 40 gallons, which I mix on a cement floor with all the goodies and store in large garbage cans. To this base which is now about 25 gallons and provides humates, an acidic hit, trace elements, etc. and a little silt to tighten up the mix and retain moisture, I add:

6 or so cups blood meal, 3 or so cups bonemeal (or superphosphate), 1 cup of hydrated lime, 6 cups dolomite lime, 1 large bag each of vermiculite and perlite (available at Casa dePOT) and alfalfa meal which contains a known helpful hormone called triacontanol (purported to increase vegetable production up to 60%). This stuff is proven by empirical tests conducted by universities, not HT, LOL. I buy the feed pellets from a farm and ranch supply, put about 4 cups of the pellets in a bucket with a gallon of water and a good squirt of Ivory dish soap to cut the surface tension, let it stand for 30 minutes, and then dump the slurry into the crapola on the floor ready for blending into a homogenous mix. I also add, without fail, horse manure, maybe about 3 or 4 gallons of it. Blend it well with a shovel and store for a couple of weeks in a garbage can to get mellow.

Oz Growa, if you post this recipe in your store, which I expect you will …I expect credit for the wonderful miracles it imparts…

Later guys,
Ben

9 Likes

Jesus . I think I drooled a little . Wow .

3 Likes

great to get explanations on why\how each parts adds to the mix !!!
this would be great to use in the greenhouse or raised bed top dressing.

1 Like

Wow that’s crazy! I used to have a subscription CC magazine in 2005-2006 and I still have the paper they sent me stating that Mark E had been busted. They said my subscription was canceled and gave me 2 back issues of my choice. It’s a bummer to hear what happened between you guys. But I’m glad to see OG up and running again and will do my best to help it grow even beyond its former glory!
#centralarizonacannabiscultivatorscommunity

2 Likes