Overgrow Thailand

Welcome to OG man, it’s legalized but only up to 0.2% THC so I have read.

Are the authorities checking levels as you have to register with them to grow :thinking:

2 Likes

Welcome @highthailand I smoked on Koh Tao, but that was maybe 5-6 years ago.

4 Likes

This is what gets me. How can you be sure every plant is under that 0.2% threshold??? :thinking:

1 Like

welcome aboard :vulcan_salute:

Welcome aboard @highthailand!

Welcome @highthailand ! I have to agree with the others here… you’ve found the BEST gro-community out there! Check out the ‘landrace’ topics for a lot of info on various Thai strains and people’s thoughts on their ‘purity’. And, if you haven’t found them already, have a thorough checkout of https://www.zomiacannabisco.com (really explore that site, some gems of info there!).

Haa, haa, haa! Well @Shadey, one of the early lessons in SE Asia is; There are “RULES” and then there are ‘rules’! Right now it seems no one knows the “RULES”, probably because it’s all a very fluid situation. If you Google “Thailand + cannabis” right now you can have a lot of entertainment with funny results and see just how chaotic things can get! Here’s a few;
" Thailand delists marijuana as narcotic, releases 3,071 inmates"
" In bonkers Thailand, the police are giving drug offenders their cannabis back."
" For decades, Thailand had some of the world’s harshest drug laws. … Meanwhile, police stand idly by or even line up to pick up a baggie of …" :rofl:

Meanwhile, many people are jumping into the game, some following the RULES and some others following the rules! I have a feeling that the next few years are gonna be a breeders’ nightmare for outdoor growers over here with pollen-drift! The government gave away a million plants, of a landrace strain called Hang Garoke (“Squirrel Tail”) which was mainly grown in NE T’land (and a few places down South). There’s debate over whether or not all landraces do it or just SE Asians, but I’m told ‘Hang Garoke’ is one thought to frequently throw out hermies!

That said, while there’s obviously no concrete figures available, from on-the-ground there seems to be two main camps; Those looking to cash in fast (Both Thai’s & Expats) who are/have set up all scales of indoor grow operations (and usually a storefront dispensary). Most of these seem to be growing imported seeds of whatever is the current ‘meme-star’. (Meanwhile, while they wait for their first crops, I’ve seen a huge amount of ‘commercial’ top-q indoor buds being imported for sale from US & Canada). The ‘other’ side is the huge number of Thai’s who always ‘prefer’ to follow the RULES, but now feel they can do as they please. Due to the lack of Covid-era tourism, which has crushed the economy, this change is playing a big role - as ANYTHING that brings in some income is very welcome for most rural Thai’s. Then of course there’s a handful spread out that have always been into their growing/breeding whether for long-held cultural traditions or just personal love…but they are a very small group of isolated individuals for the most part.

No one is ‘allowed’ to publicly criticize the Gov (and T’land has some very tough internet policing RULES) but of course, “Politics” is playing a BIG role in all of this! I’ll leave it at that!

Now, to be clear, I’m NOT Thai, but have lived here going on 30 years now, so take these as “the thoughts of an on-site observer” not Gospel! Would love it if OG had some Thai growers to chime in with their thoughts and observations. I don’t personally ‘know’ the folks behind the Zomia Collective (Link above) but I was shocked (T’land is not especially known for it’s IT savy…other than Facebook!) at how ‘together’ their website is…if anybody personally knows them please invite the principles in! If the mods & OG’er’s here check it out and like the idea I’d be happy to contact Zomia, just let me know…got a feeling they have a ton of really good info for the SE Asian landrace community!

Anyway, welcome @highthailand !
Sorry, didn’t mean to start a book! Sunday morning puff made me do it! :rofl:

15 Likes

Welcome to the real deal OG your going to enjoy it here .

Looks like we’re going to over grow the world one country at a time.

5 Likes

Black Market Seeds checking in. Thailand represent. :muscle: :100: :pray:

9 Likes

Hello welcome to the site . I know of a black market breeder seed company yours is pretty close to his .

2 Likes

Yep I know of most of the copycats. No big deal.
I’ve owned and operated Black Market Seed Co. for over 20 years.
I was on the original Overgrow back in 2000 until the last day when the ship went down.
I worked with Heavens Stairway and had seeds for auction on C-Bay (not Seedbay or Breedbay, those are the children of C-Bay)
Lots of people have copied the style and its all good.
Quite flattering actually. :pray: :100: :v:

14 Likes

Welcome back to OG @CHZA.BLVCK

3 Likes

I’ve been running some of his strains with great plants to be found one in particular is the lime kush cake.

Just curious if your into sending out testers I’d definitely try some of your ware a comparison of sorts.

2 Likes

Thank you to everyone for all the love! <3

@FattyRoots I am not native Thai, I just live here.

@Shadey This is false information spreaded by some stupid media outlet. The 0.2% THC applies to “processed Cannabis”…like hashish or extracts. For flowers there is not limit. We create this website called HighThailand where we explain all the facts about the current law and we have a weed map with all the dispensaries and so on.

7 Likes

@lefthandseeds That’s nice I guess. I might go there next week. I am currently on Samui and go to Phangan on Sunday.

@Tlander I agree with everything you said about the current situation.
And I stumpled upon these Zomia Collective recently too. I contacted them and met one of the guys in Bangkok and we smoked some of those landraces. I still try to convince him to go more out with his stories. Fuck Arjen and these people on YouTube, these Zomia guys are the real deal. But when you check the geographical informations on the website and google the areas where they source their stuff, you can imagine why they are not able to tell all the stories on Youtube. They are really amazing people and I can highly recommend to buy their seeds, since you definitely support the right people. I will tell him to check out overgrow.

10 Likes

And one question about the OG Overgrow. Is here still this story online, where some old hippie was looking for his old partners in crime when they grew a huge field in some US valley? He posted pictures and everything. That was the best story I have ever read in my life and I want to see if he maybe found some of the people. Anyone remembers that thread? I tried it with the search but didn’t find him.

4 Likes

Yeah, all us ‘old hippies’ have that same story! That’s how we all ended up here on OverGrow, looking for our old partners in crime… Most of us just found ‘new’ partners in crime!
:rofl:

7 Likes

@Tlander There was a reply for you before that post about Zomia.

3 Likes

You guys are real lucky congratulations

the homeland of some of the best weed and you get to grow it in the open

4 Likes

Hello! I’m Brendan - I run pr and coordinate for Zomia in Cambodia and India currently. If anyone has any questions I’ll do by best to answer! Thanks for the kind words Tlander - I would be more than happy to chat with you!

14 Likes

Thanks for the kind words! I’m excited to sit down with you and smoke once I return to Bangkok! Currently I’m in the Himalayas exploring possible inclusion into our collective with some connections here. Will let you know once I’m back!

7 Likes