Overseas collecting seeds

I could be wrong but unless you go there with previously arranged meets, on such short trips you will probably come back with a cookie cross :scream:

7 Likes

yes i know that ive got to get into a chat room with jamacians or hook up with someone that knows a rasta in jamaica

1 Like

good luck !!!

A few different areas include :

Blue Mountain
Orange Hill

Would be really curious if you can find 16+ week flowering, as most are now hybrids…

5 Likes

Depends on the time of year doesn’t it?

I watched that strain hunters on YouTube

Seems like they got their wild seed Banks going on

1 Like

Here is a interesting article ,
Seems like the the landrace team might have the legit Jamaican landrace

3 Likes

not nearly as fun of a story but you got a much better shot for heirloom buying seeds online. most everybody grows modern hybrids worldwide.

2 Likes

find this - win the prize :wink:

6 Likes

Longtime weed and the landrace team has it , makes me want to order some.

1 Like

Double Jam - El Aleph

13 Likes

I can save you a trip. @Tlander and @highthailand both dropped the link below in the Overgrow Thailand Post.

Overgrow the world! :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

seeds prolly would be the only reason togo to thailand … a old :yum: rick james song comes to mind

1 Like

Come for the seeds - stay for the life! :rofl:
But DO check out Zomia Collective…not just their seeds, but dig deep into their info on the site.
:call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Lol, yeah, the 70’s were a long time ago.

I forgot about that site. Thanks for the reminder. I’m looking forward to reading their stuff. I did a little just now. Cool stuff! peace

2 Likes

When I went to Jamaica some years back for my honeymoon I had some guy following me the whole time we were at some falls asking if I needed some ganja. But was too sketched out being in a tourist location. They were lighting up everywhere down there. So you may have some good chances to find what you’re looking for.

1 Like

Go to orange hill or treasure beach, there’s a lot of good spots around those corners !! Just ask around and people will drive you there for a small fee, If you want more sativas growing go the Boston Bay Area, the wetter climate there is perfect for them !!

I found this crazy spot outside treasure beach and holy shit they got the massive field separated in 4 stages,

@olschool

7 Likes

Gotta find Ras Mokko
There’s a video of him doing a garden tour he’s growing up on the mountain side it’s pretty cool idk if it was blue mountain or not but it looked awesome :slight_smile:

There is a professor at a university in Kingston.
( Dr Machel Emanuel ) studying and growing landraces , the long time weed is one of if not the only one they feel is a true pure landrace if you were able to speak with him he may be able to offer you some good advice.

6 Likes

The Bro & his grow!

:call_me_hand:

12 Likes

I’d love to acquire some of the longtime weed , seems like a great man doing great things.

1 Like

Hmmmm, I wonder if he’s ever heard of OG?
It’d be worth an invite!

:star_struck:

3 Likes