Overgrow Thailand

didn’t the thai government recently pass out a ton of plants to their people after legalization? I wonder what genetics those all were

1 Like

those goverment lines were i recall labelled as cbd-heavy or low-thc. i never heard otherwise.

they could as it sounded be hybrids, the goverment didnt state they are “the thai”, as they did onetime show “thai” with oresident next to it, ultrathinleaved. but the free-samles they give out are cbdstuff

1 Like

The million plant giveaway was “หางกระรอก”, “Hang Garoke” or Squirrel Tail" landrace strain. It’s been grown in quite a few different areas of Thailand, N. to S., E. to W. It’s looking more and more to me as if the Thai Sticks that we all came to know & love back in the mid 1970’s was likely coming from this landrace being grown in a mountainous region near the Laotian border near Mukdahan in Isarn (NE Thailand)… Savannakhet is the capital of Savannakhet Province, Laos is just across the Mekong.

:call_me_hand:

13 Likes

The the accompanying map from Zomia Collective. Mukdahan is show as the bottom entry in Isarn, a major rice-farming area NE of Thailand.

:call_me_hand:

11 Likes

thanks for sharing the video

3 Likes

https://overgrow.com/uploads/default/original/4X/8/5/8/858ead5427e6c5b6702b2373511f29b2f5c7781a.jpeg
Sahon Nakhon area

7 Likes

You could beat someone to death with that thing!

2 Likes

Damn! Stand back… that thing may eat you! :joy:

3 Likes

The ko Chang, squirrel tail and dvaravati look especially apealing , I wish I was able to grow more long flowering sativas but they take a lot of effort indoors and I already have quite a few I need to preserve I hope some members here get these and are able to make a bunch for preservations sake.

4 Likes

That cola looks like a garden gnome dressed in live camo.lol

3 Likes

I’ll be giving it a shot. I can’t wait. KD Koh Tao!! :desert_island: :fire: :thailand:

I’ve been pretty successful at keeping the sativa in pots and using a dolly to wheel them into the house before the freezing weather. I’ve found that most seem to be just fine in front of a sunny window.

1 Like

Oh wow! I just noticed this! I’m all over that. thank you.

Yeah I either have to keep them small and let them flower outside till October then bring them in but I’ve had better luck starting them indoors flowering for two months and timing it to put them outside in April so they finish by June. I’ve grown a few long flowering types from start to finish inside but I only put a couple in the tent with everything else and top them down to 6inches before flowering. The eastern Manipur Burma finished at 7 feet tall and was put into flower at 6 inches tall smh

10 Likes

Hey Hey Lol :raised_hands:
Black Lime Reserve nice work !

2 Likes

I have a collection of crosses with it and an f4 or 5 of the BLR. I just haven’t gotten around to doing much with them yet . They were done by #smokeypockets on IG. He used to hang on Opengrow. I bet its the same that @ShiskaberrySavior has.

4 Likes

No I’d got some from Smokey pockets way back when but the black lime reserve pic I’d posted is from black market breeders .

4 Likes

I have some glue zauce x black reserve I made a few years back , somehow I wound up with sativa structured plants that reek of lemon and lime I haven’t done much with them myself but was thinking they would mix well with the 87 lime pop genetics I also have :thinking:

3 Likes

Meanwhile in Thailand, just another plant at the market…

The way it should be :raised_hands:t5:

36 Likes

That’s so cool to see.

3 Likes

Dan Chang Thai - update

7 Likes