Paonia Purple Paralyzer seed run "CLOSED"

It’s that love you’re showering on it.
Paying attention to them, talking to them, letting them know they’re wanted works with all kinds of living creatures.
Spouses and kids too.

9 Likes

We get out what we put in so I am in total agreement :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Reminds me of a Joe Rogan podcast I was listening to - he was talking about being super high and walking into a big grow operation and he felt with all his being that the plants were “conscious beings” and he felt they were aware of his presence… I feel like there’s something to be said for that… us humans always think we know everything when we really know a tiny fraction of what the hell is going on… anyway, keep doin what you’re doin @DougDawson

16 Likes

So much truth there.

9 Likes

Hey all, Remember that poor little seedling that flopped over? It was a sad little thing but as I mentioned, where there is life there is hope. It has picked itself back up and although slow growing as it recovered it is still heading the right direction.

20 Likes

So it looks like today I will move the new seedlings that are in coco pellets to some bigger containers as they are starting to show roots through the plugs. While this got off to a rocky start I feel very confident that this is going to be a success. Plants are taking hold so now it is just a matter of time.

19 Likes

Looking good! You got this!

6 Likes

So into new pots they go, some decent root development happening. Come on PPP, you can do it.

23 Likes

Would love to trade seeds when you get it fulfilled

Peace and stay safe

5 Likes

Brother, when they are ready you are welcome to some of them. The whole purpose to this run is to provide seeds to as many as I can with a strain that is kind of rare. I will keep a handful of them, the rest are free to all of OG. Thanks for coming to the thread, the more the merrier.

19 Likes

Same here I’m on my way to a legal state…of confusion considering the bullshit growing laws in most “legal” states…lol. And as soon as I can get up in the woods I’m going to overgrow my property will seed runs and grow my personal stash in a controlled green house and let mother nature do the rest. Let me know when and I’ll throw you my safe addy

Peace and stay safe

6 Likes

You got it. I will likely put up a Wiki once I get this closer to completion and know I am not going to make a mess of it. It’s completely uncharted territory for me. Never made a seed, never pollinated a plant but it’s going to be an interesting journey. I am sure all the folks here at OG can help keep this ship off the rocks :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Excellant will defiantly follow along

4 Likes

Seed from last years Zamaldelica run, biggest piece of advice I can offer @DougDawson watch for hermies.
Some strains seem more susceptible to this, YMMV.

5 Likes

Biggest thing is seeded plants prefer a more balanced nutrient mix as seed production consumes quite a bit of nitrogen, also I find it best to let them go a full 8+ weeks and wait to see some mature ones start to fall out on there own .

18 Likes

HMMM, I had no idea, many thanks for the tip. I am using the GH Flora Trio with Calimagic and Epsom Salt. I may, or more likely will, come looking for some advice as this progresses since I have no idea of the nutritional needs of a seeding plant. I really appreciate the input. I will keep updating this tread as it goes and if anyone sees anything that seems wrong I would more than welcome them to speak up. Thanks for having my back OGers.

I have no issues leaving them for a full 8 weeks or however long it takes. I will also be looking for advice on processing the seeds, drying etc. As I said, this is the first time trying this so all advice welcome and appreciated.

7 Likes

I feed them a 4-6-6 liquid once they are in flower but switch to plane water the last couple weeks and let them dry out more often creating a natural end of the season effect, the longer you can let them mature on the plant the more carbohydrates, enzymes etc will be produced and stored in the seed increasing it’s germination strength and the length of time it can wait around in somebodies fridge to grow.

14 Likes

I will look to adjust my feed as I go. Never fed straight water in coco, I hear it is not good for them. Never let them dry, never feed plain water. Than again they fill libraries with stuff I don’t know. I am all for making these as viable as I can and am happy to let them go a few extra weeks. My last buds flowered for 3 months not counting the 2 week transition. No sense sitting down short of the finish line after all that work.

5 Likes

Yeah I grow in soil those methods probably wouldn’t work out in coco, soil creates alot more of a buffer , I’d say go with what you know keeps them happy with your set up but add a little more nitrogen then norm the first 1/2 - 2/3 of flower cycle. The seed shells them selves consume it while forming.

8 Likes

Thanks man, will do. I normally decrease nitrogen later in flower but never seeded a plant so I had no idea. I really appreciate the input. Tip noted in my book for when the time comes.

10 Likes