Pap’s 2022 spring grow

Did some funky training today these are the 3 gallon fabric bag moms I’ll flower them with the Octopots it’s going to be tight in there lol mainline and lst combo did this to Oax @Upstate nyc sour @santero
Chocolate rain re-pro @Islayhearts the ssdd @HolyAngel will also get the same treatment

Over head shots

I switched out the SSDD @HolyAngel in the Octopot for her stronger sister who also had better root development she seems to like the transfer

NYC sour the 2 ladies where tops from different females but look so similar they are all ready 5 nodes they will get topped soon

Chocolate rain @Islayhearts repo
At 4 nodes very hardy and one of the first to root

The Oaxacana clones from 2 different moms may only use best 6 or best 9 in 2 gal fabric bags in the small tent a short veg then flip them to flower

The rest clones are back up and if not able to fit them they will be culled or maybe a walk-in the woods for them

And the auto in the back

Thanks
Paps
Hay @ifish where you at buddy

26 Likes

Looking great in there. And like you said, might be packed full later but it’ll look even better then.

2 Likes

Thanks bro

I topped them tonight all at the third node
Except the SSDD she’s still too small

Can’t wait to see it in the month lol :joy:

7 Likes

Looking good as usual!

2 Likes

Hey Paps, Lovely work as usual.
Once the Octo’s reservoir is filled, do you water the plants from the top down, or just refill when the float drops down?
In my tray area, the 4 pots have only been wicking solution, and no top down watering/feeding, ever since repotting for flowering.
This my first time of zero gnats. I do have a tea ball strainer with Bit’s in the resy,…but so did the other grows for like the past 7-8 years. Bit’s will help you, but not eradicate them, but it seems, to me, this run, dry tops of pots are the winner.
Just wondering man!!

3 Likes

Thanks for all the kind words bro
The only time they get water from the top is when they get transferred over to the Octopots,

refill when the float drops down?

from then on they only get fed from the reservoir . I have to say once my soil dries out on top I never see any gnats in my tent Thank God I hate them little critters lol

Now I don’t want to Jinxed myself but I haven’t seen critters in my room in a while oh boy I said it now I’m sure they’re in there its like saying Beetlejuice say its name and it appears

9 Likes

Cleaned out the small tent
Picked the final 6 oxacana they where the healthiest
And 1 cr and 1 nyc sour
Let them veg a week maybe 2 Then flip them and add the abc to the space to finish off

22 Likes

Repositioning all the plants what do you think ?hopefully it’ll be easier to deal with .

Paps

18 Likes

I see you have twisted the Octopots to make room for the rest, wise move, I would just change the bigger in the front right corner back so you have more room to manage with a minor one that you can easily take out … beer3|nullxnull

7 Likes

My first couple of Hydropharm tents had the side door sort of, at least it was a maintenance opening. a sort of half circle. It was a very handy feature, that I did not use always, TBH.
Anyone ever install a zipper in the side of a tent? I’d consider that myself, but it could be fail, and yeah, I do that a lot. just spitballing.

2 Likes

Hi web

It can be done there’s a product in construction equipment called zip wall
There a zipper attachment that will work

I was going to replace a zipper on my old tent before I got the new one

4 Likes

So I’ve used the zipper wall system on some diy tents before, and it works fine. Idk if it will stick to canvas tent material though. Also, they are not light proof, if that is a concern for your setup. I know you can buy new zippers from Vivosun on Amazon, they are light proof, but again, never tried to stick them to tent canvas.

Not trying to be a downer, just food for thought. :+1:

7 Likes

Great info
I’ve never tried it myself but when I see things that my be of some sort of help I make a mental note

:boom::+1::+1::+1:

4 Likes

Nice plants brother…
These octopots interests me greatly, i might try it one day…

3 Likes

Thanks buddy

You really should try them out it will improve your grow instantly

6 Likes

Did some training today fill the rez to just above the first level

Jacks 20/20/20 cal mag and 15/0/0 I figured they needed the boost

Ppm about total 680

The small tent with the Oaxacana I think I’ll flip Monday
@Upstate how much of a stretch can I expect
I would like them a little bigger
But I’m thinking 3 x the stretch?

Paps

19 Likes

@Inmyblood if your around stop by

Paps

3 Likes

Look at those babies.

1 Like

Hey Paps, I love me some tools!! This would make short work of a zipper install.

I’ve been using this tool for many years now. Pokes right through canvas, I’ve repaired, so many things, and it goes along camping every time I go.
When I go on a multistate tour on my crappy scooter, for a week or so, it comes along.
Poked a hole in my grass catcher bag, for the lawn mower, 5 minute fix.
I love mine!! A must have for us tinkering fools!

6 Likes

Thanks bro that a great tool

:+1::+1::+1: