Papaya, Tangilope, and Wreckage flowering

Sharing means caring.

Here’s my first grow in more than a decade. Soil grow with organic nutrients, flowering under a 315W ceramic with 150W HPS to supplement.

Papaya (day 10) back-left, Tangilope (day 10) front-right, Wreckage (day 0) front-left:

Wreckage, day 10:

Tangilope close-up, day 20:

Papaya, day 20 close-up:

All three - Tangilope in lower-right, Papaya back left (day 20), Wreckage front left (day 10):

Lots of training for the Papaya and Tangilope – they’re far wider than they are tall. Even so, Tangilope has been pretty manageable for a sativa-dominant strain. This Wreckage is a dreamboat: compact, great branching, and hasn’t been finicky about feeding. If it weren’t feminized, it would be my breeding stock.

Will update as things plump up.

6 Likes

Very impressed, beautiful plants.

1 Like

Looking very good. What organic nutrients are you using?

Papaya… hah, its been a long time since I’ve grown that one. Big buds for sure.

Very nice! What is “ceramic” light?

1 Like

Its another type of HID

1 Like

Wow, I cannot imagine taking a ten year break from the greatest hobby in the known universe.
It appears as if you are rust-free…your garden looks nice.
May you enjoy a bountiful harvest😎
Good luck!

ETA: I grew out Nirvana’s Papaya about 13 years ago…I liked it very much…nice buds with great flavor and high.

3 Likes

General Hydroponics GO line. I’ve been about 90% satisfied: on one hand, I’ve got bushy little beasts that are flowering quite nicely. On the other hand, I had phosphorus issues for much of veg, and the “no pH adjustment necessary” is bunk.

I’ll probably start a thread about my GO box soon…

2 Likes

Hahaha. My first nutrients ever was that go box! Works great. It was before monsanto owned them.

Nice looking plants, look really healthy.

Been looking at a 315w cmh lamp to supplement my 600w, good luck with the grow .

(╯ರ ~ ರ)╯︵ ┻━┻

Is there anything those assholes don’t get involved in? Oh well. Long-term I’m planning to mix my own soil, anyway. In the meantime, GO box with some Happy Frog is getting the job done.

1 Like

Niceeee. What soil you goin for? Might i suggest checking the notill threads over at grasscity?

Update, day 30 for Papaya/Tangilope, day 20 for Wreckage.

Things are progressing pretty well. Has been a little chilly in my flowering area (20C/68F day, 12.5C/55F at night) which may be slowing down the bud growth a bit, but trichome production has definitely accelerated. Tangilope seems hungrier – think I could have kept going with high-N feeding for an extra week, as it’s starting to shed inner/lower fan leaves a little earlier than I would have liked. My tent smells like sangria, though I prefer the sour citrus of the Tangilope over the slightly-rotten sweetness of the Papaya.

Papaya (d30, back-left), Wreckage (d20, front left), Tangilope (d30, right):

Tangilope (d30):

Tangilope close-up (d30):

Papaya (d30):

Papaya close-up (d30):

Not much to show for Wreckage this time – she’s a happy little beast, but I’ll wait until she’s a glittery little beast before sharing her progress.

3 Likes

Papaya back-left (day 40), Wreckage front-left (day 30), Tangilope on the right:

Tangilope, day 40:

This has been interesting. She’s been losing inner leaves for a while, but as described in this thread, larger and outer fan leaves have started to yellow. Gave her a boost of vegging nutrients and topdressing of EWC, but haven’t noticed much of a difference. Gave her a solid flush and a strong dose of nutrients next watering, which hasn’t helped with the leaf yellowing but it did seem to plump up the buds quite a bit. The bad news is that this resulted in some bud floppage, but the good news is that I had wire and stakes prepared for such an occasion.

Additionally, she seems to be ripening a bit: hairs are turning brown, and I’ve spotted a few cloudy trichomes. I’m pretty sure she’d be bald by 9 weeks, so I’m glad she seems to be finishing up earlier than anticipated.

Papaya, day 40:

Seems to actually be behind Tangilope in terms of plumping up and ripening. She should have a little more than 2 weeks left, but I don’t see any brown hairs and trichomes are still clear. That said, there are some delightful pinks in some of the upper leaves – hopefully she starts to ripen soon and I don’t have to worry about whatever terrible deficiency this represents :slight_smile:

Wreckage, day 30:

Coming along quite nicely, started frosting up a lot in the past few days. Seems healthy and vigorous overall, has been a dream to grow. Hope she continues to thrive through the end. She’s petite compared to the other two (3.5 gal bucket, others are in 8 gallon pots), but looks like she could be a heavy yielder in the end. I’ll cross my fingers.

5 Likes

omg that tangielope!! i need to pop those seeds. i have tangielope, chocolope and tangie seeds in my collectionXD

I don’t think you have a lot to worry about. All i can see is some nitrogen deficiency. Flushing won’t help anything. Wait till the end to worry about that.

Do you know those sugar-coated gummy candies? That’s what my hands smelled like after staking up the tangilope the other day. Sweet is an understatement.

I’m keeping her clones around for now – unfortunately only had 1 seed, but seems like a good one. Will give her more nitrogen early in flower and heavier feeding later in flower next time around, but I’m still rather impressed so far.

Dna seems to put out sick phenos with every bean!

If at first I don’t succeed, keep flowering clones until it’s perfect. I’m now strongly considering bulking up another Tangilope for the next round – just topped, no LST – and keep up the nitrogen until it’s done with the stretch.

2 Likes

LA Confidential is on my wishlist. My only real complaint is that it’s hard to find non-feminized seeds from DNA, but then again, breeding a perfect strain is a pipedream so long as I remain in my quaint suburban home :laughing: