Peak Seeds BC - Far West Genetics

I’ve never heard anything but good things about him. I hope I can grab some of his beans one day.

3 Likes

Yeah I was doing some research and found this about the Sweet Skunk:

So assuming British Columbia Seed Company got the “Island Sweet Skunk” from Federation, it looks like Peakseeds’ Sweet Skunk is Sweet Pink Grapefruit x Big Skunk x NLHaze x White Widow x Skunk #1

5 Likes

This is what he told me on it… “I acquired an Island Sweet Skunk clone in the 1990’s.
I purchased British Columbia Seed Company’s True Skunk in 2002 and bred that in.
I consider this strain a sativa. It is my long-time personal favourite.”

7 Likes

His SS is his favorite for good reason. I remember when I grew it and first smoked it. It was super smooth, pretty benign in the flavor department. Didn’t seem like a heavy hitter at all , in fact I wasn’t overly impressed with it until I had smoked some and went in public . When I was by myself smoking it I didn’t realize just how high I actually was because it gave such good clear focus on what I was doing .
It was actually pretty funny and made me feel like a rookie again lol

9 Likes

His Nl was the same for me in smell and taste (neutral) which for the stealth aspect is a positive. Seems he puts emphasis on effect (which is most important to me anyways) instead of just sheer bag appeal. I honestly think a fair number of people could care less about effect and are just sold on how it looks, smells, and tastes.

6 Likes

Right? Potency doesn’t matter to me, just as long as it’s decent… like ~15% or so. I can always pack another bowl or roll a bigger joint :wink:

I’m looking specifically for effects, then terpenes/flavonoids. bag appeal means jack.

@smokenhike Thanks for the in-depth info! That sounds very close to what I’m after in a NLHaze. And very good to know on the SS ^^

8 Likes

Looks like the site was updated for the first time in… 10-15 years ?

Some really nice pics and descriptions of the gear on there.

http://www.peakseedsbc.com/

5 Likes

I haven’t gotten off him in years. Really need to stock up just in case.

3 Likes

I am actually shocked he is offering up that kush cut . Those are some special old genetics right there. I can also highly recommend the ss , c99 , Kushberry . I ran kush x c99 as testers a couple years ago and really liked those .

5 Likes

I’d love to try that sea of purple kush cut. Seems right up my alley. Sadly I’m stateside. :frowning:

4 Likes

I want that purple kush cut as well

1 Like

3 c99 at day 34 from flip

14 Likes

Looking awesome ! How’s the smells ?

2 Likes

The one on the far right has the Pineapple smell . Still can’t really pinpoint the other 2 yet.

3 Likes

C99 is my all time favourite smoke. I usually grow the female seeds version. The pineapple pheno is the one people search for most. The pheno that shows most consistently is the grapefruit. There is also a rotten meat pheno that luckily I’ve not stumbled upon :rofl:

7 Likes

It is one of my all time favs since a buddy grew it way back when it first came around.
I grew out peaks c99 a few year back . The best pheno I found was rotten meat around mid flower and cured to a funky pineapple . I was not a big fan of the grapefruits although they did yield significantly more.

This is from a number of years ago. Pineapple left Grapefruit right

Pineapple

Grapefruit

20 Likes

I was lucky enough to grab a pack off C99 from peak. So I’ll be watching closely to your grow! Looks fantastic dude !

3 Likes

C99, the one I didn’t clone. Regret that. Smelled like the mother I had way back.

Cloned this one and made seeds with it. Not the same smell. Citrusy low smell. Used another one similar to it in the seed making too. 2 slightly different girls one male.

starts fox tailing a bit near finish.

14 Likes

Heard MikeJ was going legit, guess it’s official now.

12 Likes

He told me a good while back, and I was too broke to get any seeds from him. He asked me to stay quiet about it and I did. I suppose there’s no way to get any now. I wish him the best. I regret missing a couple of his. peace

6 Likes