Pedro's LED Garden 'The good and the bad'

It is time for upgrades and tweaks while there is nothing growing.

I will shorten a couple of the power leads and put the fan controller and a power meter in a box.

Also now on the to-do list is to cover up the red power indicator LED that is on my primary power board that i just realised is there.

8 Likes

That’s one problem fixed nice and easily.

And that is the first time I have used the camera direct to OG post function.

10 Likes

Some marking out.

Meter fitting test.

Meter function test before final install.

Final install.

I was originally going to have them in the grow space but realised that the lights could be left on and that could bugger up the plant light cycles.

That is me done for the day, tomorrow all the wiring will be shortened and tidied up.

Happy Days.

14 Likes

We are off and running this morning.
The only thing left to do is install the time lapse camera and extend one of the driver leads to the light.

Maybe this run I will not be plagued with bad luck.

19 Likes

Good luck man, hope to see some incredible work from ya.
Cheers

3 Likes

I enjoyed reading through this man good job. Im sure your luck will change this time round. Ive had lots of bad luck my past few grows and i think this grow my luck might change

3 Likes

All the seeds are successfully up and awake.

The lights are turned up by a sum of 40 watts more from 200 and will have more and more power until they reach 400w total. The E.C. is at 0.7 and will be raised to a maximum of 1.3, 1.4 if I feel frisky.

6 Likes

Not exactly a forest yet.

20 Likes

It’s a good looking start mate!

5 Likes

The lights were turned up to 300 watts total this morning, the temp was at 20c so hopefully upping the wattage warms it up a lil.

7 Likes

Between more wattage and warmer nights the cab is sitting comfortably at 25c. Hopefully she will sit at around 27c at 400w.

4 Likes

Hey @Pedro_Bann, that looks very tidy mate, how are you gonna feed those babies? I see they are in hydraton, i used clay pebbles on my last grow but had problems with feeding cos the clay is pretty much non absorbent

Happy growing matey :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are in a flood and drain system @Robin and it gets flooded 7 times a day.

7 Likes

Cheers … I’ve gotta figure out a solution for seedlings pre moving into a netpot for dwc…
Last grow I used a dripper but had problems with siphon effect flooding my tent… hey ho… I look forward to following this grow mate…:grin::grin:

1 Like

Two of the seedlings didn’t make it, its cause i have them on a knife edge at the start of their lives, I place the RW cubes just on the high water line when the system floods so that a slight meniscus touches each cube and just keeps them moist.
What happens is when the reservoir drops there is less head pressure helping the pump so it doesn’t push quite as much water into the tray and some of the cubes don’t get touched by the water, now in most cases this is perfectly Ok because the roots of the small seedlings have found their way down to under the flood line.

Note to self : “self, please remember to keep the res at full capacity for the first two weeks”

The downed soldiers are one of the GG#4 x LBL and a DD F2, a couple others i have concerns about is another GG#4 x LBL that is showing trifoliate or polyploidism but is stunted and another one that has no growing tip… now I have seen this once before and last time it became my favourite mother for 18 months and that one is a Sour Bubble F2 … lets see what happens there.

Now with the spare spaces I have decided to use a couple of the single seeds i have of strains in the stash and that will tidy the stash up a bit… good enough reason as any yeh?

Enough typing (reading for you).

Pictures next time if you are lucky :slight_smile:

Happy Days.

6 Likes

Pictures of some mildly interesting stuff.

This is the Sour Bubble that decided to not have a growing tip.

A new addition to cover the loss of a DD F2 is Herijuana x Pineapple Express, This one was chosen because the single seed in my stash was using a largeish mint tin and taking up space.

@BogSeeds Lifesaver twins, there was a set of twins from the Lifesaver in the cup challenge too.

@Kalgrae #1 replaced a GG#4xLBL that didnt want to co-operate

A couple of trifoliates in the GG#4xLBL mix, the smaller runted one is replaced with a Kronocaine x Big Hero.

A row of @BogSeeds Sour Strawberry, the small one might get replaced i’m not sure yet.

Keep Smiling.

8 Likes

The germ test seeds getting planted in the garden.

8 Likes

I can’t take the plug from behind the flood tray so had to do a needed air pump repair in situ.
Now both my pumps are fixed amd have a spare again and extra spare parts.

This is the THC Bomb plant I took out of the cab because she was too tall, she isnt doing too bad for being outside in winter.

12 Likes

I made up some STS solution this morning probably enough to do me for 15 to 20 years if i use heaps.

It is yet to be tested but we will all know if it works within 8 weeks or so.

Happy days.

6 Likes

hey man, what cct you using with those cxbs

1 Like