Pennsylvania pepz

Oh yeah man, I know exactly where that hole is.
The Deer Lodge, back in the early 90’s was a rocking great place , great chef, great music, at that time anyway.
When ever Krypton City Blues would play there, we went. I forgot about TDL, honestly, I spend most of my time fishing between Toland, and where the hostel is located.
If you fish upstream from the hostel, all native trout.
Very difficult walking, fantastic fishing, however due to the stream size the fish are small. But I have caught 14" wild brookies, with a hooked jaw on them, back in there. Their colors just scream out, as stockies look washed out in color, when compared to them, to me anyway.
I always release them, unless I want to eat some.
If you walk upstream from that hole you mentioned, the water gets flat with a pebble bottom, some riffles here and there, but you just do not find nice holes, like you find around down stream, to Toland, or upstream from the Laural Lake spillway, up to Fuller Lake.
Man I miss it so much this year. Camping, breakfast cooking, camp fire coffee, as I’m always the first up and get the fire restated, start a pot of coffee, light up a fatty, and wake and bake with mother nature!!
Soon it’s so close now!!

4 Likes

Man Mountain Creek is full of fish. The water was about perfect for all the rain we had recently.
I was wading at the Laurel Lake spillway yesterday, throwing white spinners, fish were sipping flies from the top water all around me. Many were smaller fish, but I could see some very nice big fish, swirling about.

Had the water to myself mostly. I sat on a park picnic table over looking the lake, looking for rising trout, while I smoked some SFV78. In the past, you could always see them taking flies from the surface, but I saw no action…maybe they only stocked the stream.

2 Likes

I haven’t even been out with this corona bs.

NOS tubes can be big money I missed out on an opportunity to buy a guy out at the flea market 20 years ago for 1500 dollars would’ve took 20 years to sell them all but I bet would have paid 10 fold or better though :unamused:

2 Likes

I cant hear the difference, honestly. but I got them for friends that were really into that “warm sound from the tube”.Vac tube guy’s name was Charlie, really nice guy. Hadn’t thought of him in ages. good times.

1 Like

How are my pa pepz doing…happy growing I hope

3 Likes

@Blowgank420 …found another pa grower wondering the forum.

4 Likes

I’m right outside of Philadelphia in between philly an Allentown.

5 Likes

Things are starting to open up a little. My county is still under wraps, but most of the other counties here are opening up. Would be cool if we could plan some kind of get together. There was a crew of friends I had on Cannabis World and the old OG that would meet up a couple of times a year. Always a good time.

6 Likes

Hell yeah, could even trade some clones

5 Likes

I wish I could get some clones mailed an skills the seedling stage all together…lol I mean I would still want to do avfew seeds just for the experience it gives but man it would save me so much time

3 Likes

Nice to know I’m not the only one out here trying to grow lol

2 Likes

I grew for many years then stopped for about 10 yrs. I just started back up a few months ago

2 Likes

I turned an old cold cellar into a nice little grow room. This 1st grow should be solid but once I decided on my best mother’s to clone I should pull about a pound per grow

1 Like

I grew a few times when I was young like 15ish but never to this extent…nor have I ever invested so heavily in it.but I’m commited an really want to grow for myself…

2 Likes

I was actually thinking of moving my setup to my basement but wasnt sure because of all the spiders if that was a bad idea

1 Like

I had to build a wall to close mine in so now I have a 3’ x 5’ grow space with a spiderfarmer sf 4000 (500watts from wall) . I ran a designated 20amp line with 6 outlets which is more than I’ll ever need.
I plan on flowering 6 plants in 3gal containers going forward. Currently have 2 cherries jubilee and 2 blueberry going. I threw in a couple uk cheese autos just to fine tune my grow room before adding my good plants.

1 Like

I’m 30 days into flower right now on those 4 middle plants. The other 2 cheese are probably getting the chop in about 2 weeks so I’ll start flushing them this week.

3 Likes

I did the same thing. Was really active back in the early to mid 2000s then got away from it. Just started growing again a couple of years ago. My how things have changed since then. The stress of ordering seeds from Canada and Europe… ugh… then I hooked up with some guys who were in to sharing clones. I had almost all of the elites back then. I shared them with a local friend and the only one he kept going was Katsu’s Bubba. I still have access to that one.

3 Likes

I got some headband back in the day from someone on here that was prob some of the best weed I’ve ever had.