Perfect Rolling surfaces

I’m a carpenter so I make wooden things in my spare time. I know every roller has their own preferences and whatnot and I’m working on a present for a fellow stoner.

What is your perfect Rolling surface/ box?

I will start off with what I have I will get a picture of it at some point.
4 inches wide, 7 inches long with channels running along all sides to stop the roach going walkies and a hole for the grinder and a lid that locks the grinder in place. It’s kinda a 5 minute thing that I made but it works and is small enough to be transportable.

10 Likes

I just break up and roll on my trusty CD case. I use my Cali crusher to break up and it came with a holder to store unused weed

It gets the job done for me.

5 Likes

I don’t roll to many joints myself anymore as I mainly use the herbal vaporizer but I love making things in the shop.
Looking forward to seeing what you have created @Bob13

4 Likes

I like stiff paper because I prefer to bend the surface rather than scrape it with the rolling paper pack.

4 Likes

I use a frisbee. Perfect rolling surface for the last 15 years.

14 Likes

I was a solid surface kitchen countertop installer in college 20 years ago. I made a friend a rolling tray out of 1/4 in Corian Countertop. We still use it. Feels like a stone rolling tray but without the weight.

4 Likes

Bought this plate at Target been using it for the past 5 years i think , smooth clean plastic/acrylic and dish washer safe all for 3$ usd lol about to roll a cone of some inhouse strain :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Haha amazing! You guys crack me up

2 Likes

Looks like you are about to operate lol :joy:. I love that plate.

2 Likes

Back in the Bobby brown days I used to use a taco bell tray. I could card out a QP on that thing in less than 5 minutes. Nowadays I just put a paper down to catch what I drop and dump straight from the grinder into the paper.

3 Likes

8 Likes

I have that album on vinyl too and love it…SKYLAB!!

1 Like

Hell yeah , Time to get surgical up in here lol

Not bad. Only bad thing is frisbee plastic being porous will keep the good resin dropped to itself.

Go get a cutoff piece of marble or granite from countertop maker. Can get one for <10. Nice and smooth.

Lately this is how I roll lol

I like the glass the best
The fingers don’t want to work anymore but that what you have kids for hell I just ask my kid to roll she gets a kick out of it

7 Likes

I hear ya. But it won’t soak up all this. I should of said also I prefer a frisbee golf disc. Preferably a putter with the deep edges.

5 Likes

now I either hit a nice vaporizer or a percolated bong, but in high school we always rolled on $2 bargain lp’s from amoeba music in the haight.

we always used “Get On Down with Bobby Bland”

because he’s lounging on a golden gate park bench near hippy hill where we bought our weed.

We also had classic sf psychedelic albums like new riders of the purple sage and quicksilver messenger service.
Barry White’s Unlimited Love Orchestra also got a lot of use as a rolling tray.

3 Likes

Used to break up my weed directly into a dutchie, and if it was on a back road at night, directly into the seat cushions too. Now I break up directly into a hemp or rice joint paper.

1 Like

A well loved frisbee builds a fine layer of resin coating that will eventually not even wash off so after a lil bit it’s perfect…I do not suggest using gateway or any other softer plastic brands of discs…though I have used a gateway wizard as my go to rolling tray on the course for like a decade now

1 Like