What Trays Do You Use?

Hey all, I’m an artist and woodworker and have been dying to start making some trays. Rolling, sorting, whatever. Problem is, I’ve never used trays so would really appreciate any people that do posting some trays and feature they like or might like to see for some inspiration.

Also, and stores that carry cool trays wools be helpful.

Here’s a board that was just used for color testing that I’ve been using a little.

Thanks much!

11 Likes

Haven’t really used a rolling tray since I was smoking seeded brick weed (not as long as you might think). A good tray would have a decent lip to it to prevent the seeds from rolling away. A cover would be a bonus, so it is inconspicuous.

What I prefer are stash boxes. Something nice that you can keep on the coffee table, yet still store your paraphernalia in it.

My dad was making kief boxes for a while, that’s what I use now if I ever decide to roll one up. It has a lid, then a stainless steel mesh screen. Under that is a little drawer with a piece of glass on it to collect your kief on.

10 Likes

Mine blends into my table

Usually I’ll have a piece of cardboard on it.

9 Likes

This is the kief box my dad made me.

17 Likes

@ReikoX That’s cool, thanks! I want to do some stash boxes and humidors as well as some Dynavap bodies…

3 Likes

Now there’s something ‘to get your teeth into’…

Start with the storage container you want and design around that.
SOSS invisible hinges, borrow some ideas from Chinese puzzle boxes etc.

There’s some folks have built nice businesses building them.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Different use of the makisu, sushi mat. :grinning:

4 Likes

My tray over 25+ years old…

8 Likes

$3 plastic tray fr Wallymrt. Humidor stash! Ill be keeping an eye out for some crazy shit being used here! Shoe box anyone! Haha!

1 Like

My Blueberry x Skunk #1 that got pregnated has a nice slow mellow high some couch lock throughout the high…

3 Likes

I use an old tip tray that I have from a restaurant that I use to work at 30+ years ago…

5 Likes

@Bobgrows made this one for us

7 Likes

These are a few I made.

15 Likes

Those are nice cannabox-(cannador) a bit pricey at first look (for me). But I dont mean pricey as in over-priced… The craftsmanship is insane and I’m 1000% positive They are Great value for $ .

I don’t have couple hundred to spend on a weed box lol I’m sure full time serious tokers can appreciate the value of them

I will be checking out they’re products more thoroughly . They look badass but my partner wifey would kill me.

I just use a tin box for on the go scenarios lol I don’t have a active smoke table .

5 Likes

i have this rolling tray, but not the lighter or ashtray in the picture, just the rolling tray.

9 Likes

i usually use one of these black tape cases it holds a heavy 1/8th and it travels well lol

4 Likes

Very nice. I am curious how you make these?
Do you use vinyl decals and then cover them or?

Some I paint, some are images, some are decals.
Then I use epoxy.

3 Likes

Great job, I would like to try that some time. :+1: :v:

1 Like

I use my washing machine. It offers a large enameled surface which is fire resistant, difficult to knock over, and fire resistant.

Also comes with the added benefit of being difficult to misplace.

11 Likes