Pest question

Can you guys help me identify tiny these idk if there moths or thrips,I live in mass

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s a thrip,I think they have long slender bodies and different wings.

1 Like

Much to big to be a thrip.
Looks like a moth to me.

4 Likes

Ok I have lost almost my whole flower room to herms and russets,be aware get all ready for flower then all you see is brown hairs wtf!,im trying to save my veg sprayed the last bit of dr zymes i have sulfur but the smell is so strong, i have neem oil i think ill use ,20230429_210639|666x500

Idk if russets can force flower but this is the second plant looks like it’s flowering idk maybe from pest damage,and smells like it’s flowering but hasn’t sexed yet

Definitely not a thrip. It is a moth and chances are good it is an Indianmeal moth. Check the pantry for fliers. They get into cereals, seeds, nuts, flour, grains…
https://entnemdept.ufl.edu/creatures/urban/stored/indianmeal_moth.HTM

1 Like

I would be dunking that whole plant into a sulfur solution every 3-4 days. Sulfur is the ticket to mites in veg. Good luck.

OP- Looks like a moth and not much to worry about.

Looks like a pantry/grain moth. They can get in a sealed box in the cupboard. peat food with grain and get int the plants for some reason too.

Can pests force a plant to flower ?