Pheno Hunt - 3 Strains of Bros. Grimm

Syntho/biotic aeroponic is the method. Full details and recipes can be found in the “4Crosses of Slapz” thread here in the als_weed forum.

Thank you for your interest.

-al

1 Like

Day 35 Bloom Update

Unit:

Stretch is about done as the buds start packing it on. The RSTN has several tall phenos reaching to the light.

Data:

I gave them an initial PK boost mixed in with their regular food. Had a bit of a swingy pH, but the coming res change should help regulate the issue.

Side:

APLO:

One of the more compact phenos. Several are very sat-ish with very thin large leaves and spicy smells.

CNDY:

This one has a pineapple/sweat fragrance with nice trich coverage. Here’s hoping!

RSTN:

BGPH058

A couple of these just reek of high octane gas. Half of them are taller, but all have aromatic snowball buds.

We are in full stack. A res change and more PK focused nutes are coming soon!

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-al

6 Likes

more details would be appreciated.

thx

In the “4 Crosses of Slapz” thread in the als_weed forum, I show how to train seedlings into mother plants.

Our first priority is to harvest side branches for cloning. This training makes for best results.

Thank you for your interest.

-al

3 Likes

Day 42 Bloom Walk Through

Come See the Girls!

(10) 3 Strains of Bros. Grimm - 42 Days Bloom - YouTube

One thing about OG like @Gpaw said very nice setup. I got to say very clean.

3 Likes

Day 42 Bloom Update

Unit:

We are done with stretch and the buds and smells are getting bigger and bolder by the day.

Data:

After the res change, the plants have been eating heavily, with 2 PK boosts along with regular food this week. The boosts are designed to happen right as the plants transition from stem and leaf production, to maximum flower, trich and terp production.

Side:

RSTN:

Our first contender continues to stack bud while emitting an eye watering gas and citrus perfume. My lungs hurt with happiness at the thought of testing her.

CNDY:

She’s plump and sticky, chunking out and starting to reek of rotten pineapple. Pistols are beginning to turn while still perky, showing she is probably an early girl.

APLO:

This contender has the least tropical sativa traits. Still tall and stately, she’s putting on weight with a healthy slathering of trichomes, while having an oddly sweet Honey Suckle aroma.

I love how the colors and smells develop and change over time. I use Kool Bloom and Liquid Karma for PK boosting. These products, along with Aero Tea, maximize flower, oil, and terp production.

Yes Kool Bloom is an inorganic salt base nute. However Liquid Karma and Aero Tea provide all the humates and organic metabolites the plants need, creating the stinkiest, tastiest, most potent weed the genetics are capable of.

To learn all about my recipes and tech in detail, check out the “4 Crosses of Slapz” thread here in this forum.

Pretty exciting as the buds are shaping up and the plants are ramping up for the big finish.

-al

8 Likes

You basically sell clones?

1 Like

Thank you all so much for your comments and questions!. Makes the effort put into the threads worthwhile when the community appreciates the work.

For those that may not know:

I am a full sponsor of Overgrow, and currently the only one with our own forum here: (als_weed - Overgrow.com )

This is where all of my projects can be found including:
Reversal crosses of great plants to dozens of the top strains.
Phenotype hunts of the results of those crosses.
Relic hunts where I grow out super rare old seeds.
All my recipes and techs.

As to my relationship with Green Rush Farms.

Last year I was chatting with my favorite clone provider, and we came to the same realization - we would be perfect partners.

They are Michigan’s largest and most respected clone company with 2 facilities and a world class library of genetics. They handle clone production, sales, and support.

I do the work I love: Creating new varieties and finding keepers in both old and new strains. Sharing my knowledge with all of you as I discover new combinations and techs.

Most of the strains I work with, along with identified winners of our hunts, are available on GreenRushFarms.net .

Seeds from the crosses will also be available this spring if you want to find your own keeper.

Thank you all once again for your attention and communication.

-al

2 Likes

Day 49 Bloom Update

Unit:

Bud density is up and the perfumes are flowing.

Data:

Eating has slowed dramatically, and the plants have only been boosted once this week. I’ve plucked the worst leaves, but the raggedy ones left are still soaking up al’s Super Feed N Kill Foliar Spray.

Side:

RSTN:

Bigger, harder and stankier. Reminds me of the sweet petroleum vapor of RC plane gas.

CNDY:

She’s lightening and starting to finish, smelling like a pineapple daiquiri. Looks like a couple of these will be done in a week! I want to make sure to harvest early to preserve any trippy buzzes.

APLO:

Bigger, thicker, and more resin production. The sweetness is fading into a tart smell.

Several of these are getting close. RSTN looks like a full 70 days to finish. I will be adding Terps soon to help preserve what we have, as we will have to clear sooner than usual.

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.

-al

7 Likes

Cinderella at 54 days and ready to chop!

(33) Cinderella Chop Time at 54 Days! - YouTube

1 Like

Day 56 Bloom Update

Unit:

BGPH071

Since the middle CNDY plants are gone, I’ve leaned the edge plants in to max their light.

Data:

The CNDY plants got wacked at an astonishing 54-55 days. Check the video above to see them just before chop. Just one PK boost and some terps and biotics this week.

Side:

RSTN:

Every girl has her own version of fuel perfume.

APLO3:

This one is a beastly beauty. She looks to have the best combination of traits.

Bumpy Beer Can Pheno:

A couple plants have this ‘bumpy beer can’ look. Not very pretty, but will make dense knobby nugs for sure.

Looks like another week for the APLO, and two for the RSTNs.

-al

9 Likes

A walk through of the Apollo plants at day 60 bloom.

(51) Apollo at 60 Days Bloom - YouTube

2 Likes

A walk through of Rosetta Stone at 63 days bloom.

(61) Rosetta Stone at 63 Days - YouTube

2 Likes

I am so glad I found this thread. I was chatting on Discord about Brothers Grimm strains the other day saying that I can’t believe here we are in 2023 and you can’t buy Apollo 13 seeds from anyone on the internet. Apollo 13 one of my all time favorites is now completely missing in seed form and Brothers Grimm isn’t even offering it. It came & went with a flash with them… they did offer Apollo 13 seeds not long ago. To me Apollo 13 is such a legendary classic. It boggles my mind why they aren’t making those seeds still.

A11g f3 from Bodhi & Apollo 13 (I had a BX) were two of my all time favorites from seed. I actually jumped on this when I saw it at auction the other day…

I didn’t care if those A13 x Vortex seeds went for $300 I was going to buy them… because after all A13 x Vortex is an Apollo 13 back cross. The Romulan x C99 (Space Queen) I’ve grown too. I grew TGA’s SpaceJill back in 2006 I think it was… I had a very nice Cherry pheno. Norstar/Genetics Supply also auctioned off some Spacebomb (Spacequeen f2) recently and I picked those up as well. I do plan on using these recently aquired seeds in a project down the road. I have old Brothers Grimm Apollo 11 f2s, New Brothers Grimm Apollo 11, Joeyweed Apollo 11, Bodhi’s A11g f3 & f4… so when I’m ready I’ll have amazing potential.

Great thread. I’m now subbed up. I wish I saw it earlier. Very nice looking plants. My mouth waters whenever I see someone growing Apollo 11.

My old A13BX (TGA Tester)

Btw I apologize if my pics are out of place or distracting at all in your thread. If u want, let me know & I’ll delete the post. I just get excited about grows like this. Your work is great and the topic excited me.

7 Likes

Thank you for adding your experiences with Bros Grimm.

I want to gather everyone’s history in this thread for future searchers to discover!

I’m so glad you and others have expressed your appreciation for the work I put into the threads. It makes the process a more joyous task with you all looking over my shoulder.

Check the als_weed forum for other fun projects.

Coming soon - a new Relic Hunt as the Chocolate Diesel grow is close to finish.

Thanks again for your interest.

-al

5 Likes

Day 63 Bloom Update

Unit:

I have cut half so far.

Data:

The res has been halved and I’ve added terps to help preserve as much as possible.

Side:

APLO:

We have 3 bumpy beer can phenos left. I’m not very thrilled with these, however APLO3 is hanging and looking like the winner of this group. We will test em all of course, there is always a long shot ugly duckling.

Check the above video for more details.

RSTN:

These are all different kinds of fuel, from asphalt to av gas.

Check the above video for more details.

RSTN 6:

This is one chunky girl that reeks of rc engine red fuel.

RSTN 5:

This one is branchy with perfect sized sparkly buds, exuding oils that penetrate your nose with sweet lighter fluid.

I plan on cutting all of these soon. They will have a week to dry and a short bag time to mature.

Then my favorite band of judges will render their opinions. I will have strain reports and final results shortly after that.

-al

8 Likes

Final Results

Cinderella

CNDY 2:

Cut Shot:

Nug Shot:

CNDY2 was always the prettiest pheno, while CND3 was shorter with more trichs. We had a lot of variation in the 6 plants unlike original C99 seeds that produced consistent plants. This I believe, is because they are S1 or selfed. Recessive genes will be expressed, leading to more runts and oddities.

After testing, it was evident that CNDY2 had the best structure, size, smell and flavor. Ripe pineapple with a touch of dank fumes roll off these buds. However the buzz was mediocre at best. CNDY1 was slightly stronger with diminished aromas, but not enough to advance for another round. The rest of the field was on the same spectrum of buzzes and flavors.

The best test joint was a mix of all 6 plants. None of our test subjects will be kept for further testing.

The old legendary sativa buzz was not found in this run. If it is in these seeds, I believe you will need to pop a whole lot more.

These seeds were the reason for this whole run. It’s always hard to invest the time and energy to get to harvest, and then find the results underwhelming.

Bud hunting gives no guarantees, and the odds are always against you.

Apollo

APLO 3:

Cut Shot:

Nug Shot:

APLO3 has led the way with the best structure and trich formation. We had three ‘bumpy beer can’ girls with chunky thick buds. They all have a floral sweet smell.

The bumpy ones have continuous flower formation on the growth tips. This makes thick buds that concern me about bud rot and bag appeal. Trich formation is sparse compared to 3 and 6.

The smoke is thick and heady. Sweet and musky, like a dry honeysuckle, the flavor stays in the roof of your mouth. The buzz hits your ears and nose with a frosty numbness.

I’d like a little more buzz intensity, but APLO3 is getting another chance to show us what she’s got in the next confirmation grow.

Rosetta Stone

RSTN

Cut Shot:

Nug Shot:

Number 5 and 6 if where the fuel is. 6 has better structure, but 5 has nice medium chunky buds. The inhale gives you that sweet menthol cigarette taste and a numb nose. If you insist on taking more smoke too fast, prepare to cough - a lot.

I’m keeping both 5 and 6 for further evaluation. I don’t think either would be a candidate to become a universal male, but just a little improvement could make them regular runners.

Here’s our original finalist moms still in their cups:

-al

9 Likes