Pheno Hunt - 6 Crosses of Black Truffle

:star_struck:PLCT!!!:star_struck: looks fire with those praying leaves :fire:

Beautiful garden bro! I’ll be following this gem for sure :sunglasses::beers:

1 Like

Day 63 Bloom Update, Unit 2

Unit:

Here we are at the end and ready to chop!

Data:

We have halved the res and the plants have stopped eating while the pH has drifted down.

Side:

Center:

Black Rock Lava Truffle 3:

This black beauty is heavily triched and has a musky dank perfume. She looks like a larger version of Black Truffle, her daddy/momma.

Ya Hemi Truffle 1:

This big girl still has a very bright sweet smell, with just a touch of earthy mushroom. The buds are medium sized and will have great bag appeal. Now if we can just find a buzz to match!

Animal Tree Truffle 1:

Shining bright white, these chunky buds smell like vanilla spice.

Platinum Lemon Cherry Truffle 5:

She has gotten darker in the last week. Purple leaves and yellow diamond dusted buds reach for their last days of light. Musky earth and light fruit tones make up the complex odor that tickles the nose.

Sherb Cream Truffle 4:

Statuesque thick stems and purple buds show this plant has a lot of her Sherb Cream Pie mom in her. However the daughter is much greasier to the touch and the light menthol aroma has been replaced with a mouth watering deep earthy dank.

Gran Dawgy Truffle 1:

This pretty girl has a lighter perfume than her mother, but has more trichs and is downright oily to the touch.

A walk through of Unit 2 at 63 days bloom:

(458) Day 63 Truffle Hunt - Unit 2 - YouTube

I’ll start cutting soon. I have put the judge platoon on notice that we have 38 different Truffle plants to evaluate.

Our number 1 attribute that we will look for is buzz quality.

It doesn’t matter how pretty or how much a plant makes if it doesn’t have a high quality buzz. Course its nice to have those other things too!

I’ll be back with chop and nug shots along with part 2 as soon as possible.

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-al

5 Likes

Visited the site: Sure does sound interesting and the clone cost $25. Intersting they are doing “tissue culture” this will ensure a “true” clone genetics. Dam ! wish October was here - site close until then -, believe they are going to offer seeds at least I hope !!! Truffle is an interesting strain

1 Like

Day 63 Bloom Update, Unit 3

Unit:

Data:

The plants had their res halved and I added terps to help preserve as much flavor and aroma as possible. The pH has started its end of the run dive.

Side:

Center:

SBCT7

This thick purple girl has crystal buds and a bad medicine reek.

SBCT6

She is a giant purple girl with energy drink can sized buds that appropriately smell like Red Bull.

PLCT7

This ultra crusted lady has a whiff of dank.

BRTF5

She has a deep stank and ice covered black buds.

GDTF2

This colorful donkey dick version has a sickly sweet smell and is oily to the touch.

GDTF6

This girl has it all: size, color, trich coverage, and a penetrating nail salon funk. Don’t know about buzz yet, but she has everything I’m looking for in a top prospect.

Here’s a walk through on day 63:

(16) Truffle Hunt Part 2 - 63 days bloom - YouTube

Now the fun begins. We have 38 truffles to buzz test and sort through. My judges are already busy and I will be bringing smoke reports and nug shots when the results are in.

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-al

5 Likes

I love your grows, you have this down to a science! :+1: :heart_eyes:

I notice that the leaves are ‘canoeing’ somewhat, is that a low RH response?

Cheers
G

1 Like

Just caught up on this and I must say, hell of a grow! Every single plant is beautiful!

2 Likes

Thank you all for the kind words.

I’m so glad you guys see the effort put into these threads. I truly enjoy what I do and am so happy to share with you guys.

As for fan canoeing, it’s part of aero’s increased respiration along with the tendency for darkly pigmented leaves to curl more. So RH is part of the equation for sure.

Thank you for your interest.

-al

1 Like

And Then There Were 18

Our judges have been diligent and have cut the field from 38 to 18 contenders for round 2.

The survivors:

We will go through these again to determine who makes it to the confirmation grow.

A favorite – Platinum Lemon Cherry Truffle:

A head smacker with a fruity dank twist.

I’ll keep you all apprised.

-al

4 Likes

Im seriously impressed man. Are you keeping track of the effects of each plant as well as the looks?

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah I gather judge impressions of every plant.

But I’m the only judge that knows the production or the plants. The only important thing in the end is the physical experience after all.

It’s the painful reality of the pheno hunter that beauty is nice, but not enough.

This is a real problem here in Michigan where there are lots of decision makers who do not smoke.

Thank you for your question, which gets to the heart of the evaluation process.

-al

Looking dankalicious!

1 Like